Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: I'm still here

oh @Scream58 that's wonderful to look forward to!

❤️

My Facebook news feed is full of suicide prevention posts at the moment. 19 years too late. This hurts like hell.

I’m so sorry to hear @Scream58 .

I acknowledge how difficult this anniversary is for you.

Sitting with you.

Hugs, tyme

@tyme 

Tonight I am really wondering what I am fighting for. 

I just wish I could cry.

Hugs @Scream58 .

I don’t have the answers for you, but know I’m listening and hearing you.

It is bleak and tough tonight. You may not feel you can do much right now to make yourself feel better, and that’s okay.

Take each moment as it comes.

I don't even know why I'm still here.

My absense is because if I say what I feel my post will be rejected. That's okay though, I'm used to rejection. I've spent the past few weeks assessing/reassessing my life. I have "health care burnout". Tired of GPs, pathologists, radiologists, psychologists and every other "ist". I've decided to just go with the flow. If mother nature decides it's my time to go, I'm ok with it. I'm 64 years old and completely out of energy to fight.

Admin/ moderators if you decide not to approve this post I'm ok with that too!

Dear @Scream58 ,

I'm sorry to hear that things are so tough. Fighting can be tiring. Constantly fighting can be exhausting! 

Sometimes, letting go to know that it's okay not to be okay might come as a refreshing for you.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to talk about?

tyme

I ended up in emergency on Sunday night. Wasn't admitted and sent home on Monday. The hospital has made me an appointment with a psychiatrist on Wednesday. This is going to include a medication review.

I agonized over if I should tell my family about the episode and today I decided to tell them. Bad move! I got a long angry lecture from my son about how my actions affect everyone else. No sympathy, no understanding, just anger.

He suggested that whenever I feel down I should go stay with him or my other son. I told him I have to learn how to live my life without running away every time things get tough. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance