Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

EgaleWhale
Contributor

I haven't got the will to live

I woke up this morning & I don't have the will to live. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: I haven't got the will to live

Hey there @EgaleWhale. I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling right now. I'd like to check in with you some more as I am concerned so I am going to send you an email. 

In the meantime, if you feel you are in immediate danger, please call:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

Hi @EgaleWhale 

I totally understand not having the will to live. I have been in that place often, especially the last two days.

Please know that we are here for you if you need to chat or just sit. I make a great cuppa! Would you like to join me for one?

That is a very difficult position to be in @EgaleWhale and have been there many times myself before. On those days it really is about connecting with people - just as you have already done here and that is a very courageous thing to do. It also says to me that by reaching out there is a small (maybe extremely small) part of you that wants support at this time and need people around to help you walk through today. That is not to say those thoughts or feelings will go away but hopefully knowing there are people with you, listening and sitting with you will help a little. When I felt that way it was those people that continued to support me, encourage me. listen and generally just be there that made all the difference - it did not happen overnight though but the patience and support from so many members, mods and the community managers here helped me to both hang on and find the support I needed. It is a horrible position to be in but we can only take it a moment at a time, find some things that bring us a little joy and get through the best we can. Hugs and hugs @EgaleWhale 

20210502giveUpNo! (22).jpeg

me too 😢 just gotta keep trying...

In such situations, sometimes I use an impossible happy thought. Something that could never be done but what be the most stupendous, good-time, life-affirming thing.

That (or they) can keep you going while you get yourself more ready for the possible ones (in the world of probabilities). And, it helps remind, what really makes you desire, to want, to live (and how to live best (for you)).

@EgaleWhale  I feel your pain my friend. Here if you need a should to hang onto. greenpeaxx

sending Love and Hugs and good Vibes your way,Please take care and call lifeline if you need to talk with someone,I just called them myself last night,and it did help so I hope you also get the help and support you need Heart the number is 13 11 14

Please please find someone to talk to. I have been in similar dark places for a few years. The only way out for me is to talk to people who care. I rang lifeline a couple of times and they helped. Please don't give up. It's hard but please find supportive people and talk about your despair.

Thank you for your reply. I woke up & I'm thinking about impossible happy thoughts & possibilities in my day & what is possible.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance