Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

AnneR
New Contributor

Hello

Hi everyone 
I have problems with fears of various things and phenomena... I know intellectually that there is nothing real about these fears, but I can't help it... I am taking treatment and I hope that I can just speak out here about the painful things that are happening to me.
Thanks for understanding... 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hello

It's weird how busy the amygdala gets. I suppose (and I'm no expert) it's connected to so many other brain parts, it can't always explain what the actual problem is (or indeed if something is an actual problem). It tries though. Tries in world that keeps manufacturing "future shock" (and etc). It's actually amazing it adapts as well as it does. Still, we can help them out and probably should.

nowwhat
Casual Contributor

Hi AnneR
Glad your getting help with your fears. Facing what is real and what is hypothetical is something i went through...which i believe was brought on by a stressful situation. Identifying it and dealing with it often leads to controlling the thoughts and making life a bit more clearer. It is scary but don't let it take over your life.

Thank you for your support this is very important to me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance