Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

jmaw
New Contributor

First time allowed to be involved in care plan

Good morning All
I am new to this forum and am just hoping to tap into some who may more more experience here.
My sister suffers from Delusional Disorder and after many years finally she is allowing us to become involved in her care plan.
This is her second bout with this how ever this time around her symptoms far are less severe but nonetheless just as bad as round  1 in that they prevent her from living a normal day day life.
Day to day she presents as rather normal but the family see the ‘other ‘ side of her which comes out worse when she is stressed ... ie low on money, family trauma
Only recently has she admitted this disorder has robbed her of her life via pushing friends & family away and she feels robbed of any work career.

She has finally agreed to allow us to attend a psych appt with her.

We have the first appointment with her psychiatrist coming up via telepath and I would like to take some questions into this appointment but as time with him is short I need to ask questions that deliver the most benefit back to us.  Questions that can help us determine if he really sees her issues as we do not believe she has progressed at all in the past couple of years.

Does anyone have any questions they have asked previously that they found highly beneficial ?
Any help appreciated
Thanks for listening.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: First time allowed to be involved in care plan

Hi,

My suggestion would be to ensure that your sister is fully involved in this process, I would make sure that your sister hasnt any questions she wishes answered. AS it is her journey and recovery process.

Re: First time allowed to be involved in care plan

Thanks Karli 

Yes - she has told us she needs to provide info to her psych pre session about what she wants out of the sessions.

Our questions are in addition to hers and will be put forward after hers are.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance