Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Nicole1
Casual Contributor

Can’t seem to stop the mind chatter..,

D321B3A2-399C-407B-8302-137CB65D9046.jpeg

I have been battling anxiety for the last 4 years and can’t seem to stop worrying that I am constantly doing the wrong thing... some days it’s hard to breathe.. and no one seems to understand 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can’t seem to stop the mind chatter..,

Hey @Nicole1 I hope you'll find some people here who can understand.

I get sever anxiety and obsessive/ruminating thoughts. I don't fully know what you go through but just know that you don't have to alone and that here at same we will try to understand.

Would you like to tell us more of your story and what is going on for you.

Hi and welcome, @Nicole1 , it's good you've joined, where people can understand what you're going through.

I have anxiety which on ocasion becomes severe...it really sucks, and I don't have any answers for you. It can be truly debilitating. 

You can type 'anxiety' into the search bar, if you'd like to find more threads on it. A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a member's name in the drop-down box, they will get a notification that you've replied to them. 

I hope you enjoy exploring the forums, and can find people who understand.

Hi, i am a new member...I also cannot stop the mind chatter.I have medication, which has helped, but has slowed me down and left me unmotivated and fatigued.I have tried lots of strategys, had councelling , taken an online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course....not even half way through, not motivated enough to continue. I cant talk to family and friends, things are to personal. I keep going by using affirmations, which i have written in a special book....I try to do at least 2 constructive tasks each day, rather than sitting around.It might be 30 mins gardening, or washing some curtains.I am also in constant debilitating pain from fibromyalgia...and this is the cause of a lot of my mental suffering.

@NatureLover @missymaree @NatureLover @The-red-centaur Hey everyone,  thank you for your posts. I also have severe very long anxiety attacks which are so debilitating that I pace around like headless for up to ten hours in severe distress. Recently I have been trying to face some of my deep emotional pains. Now the anxiety seems to be much less frequent. Still trying very hard. But I have been able to keep put of hospital for three years. Good luck with your journeys. Take care. 

i often use the free resourses on Russ Harris page to help with rumination and mind chatter

https://www.actmindfully.com.au/free-stuff/

Hope this helps

I’m so sorry to hear that you are in pain and suffering from anxiety... affirmations can be very powerful ... unfortunately I don’t believe in myself at the moment and most of my anxiety stems from managing a stressful job as teacher and stressful husband who yells...I can’t seem to stop running a hundred miles an hour ...medication and walking everyday sort of helps but I think everyone is out to get me... so frustrating... hope your doing ok ? I’m sorry you can’t talk to family.. maybe this would help 

I have been teaching for 21 years and have always seemed to manage being an empath... but now I feel so much I’m exhausted.. I can’t walk past someone with a sad face without feeling for them... the school I work at has so changed and I feel completely overwhelmed...the arts have dropped in numbers and I have no idea what I will be teaching next year which makes me so anxious ... it hurts and I just feel like quitting but know that financially I can’t.. my heart hurts 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance