Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Stigi86
New Contributor

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Hi everyone, I am stigi86. I'm very new to this site and forum and a little nervous about joining something like this which I've never done before. I guess I'm at a point in my life where I can no longer deal with or manage the issues and challenges Ive been facing and am facing everyday alone anymore. I need advice and help and just to know that there are people out there who understand and can relate to the same problems. I need some advice and someone that may be able to point me in the right direction as to going about getting free help with dealing with borderline personality disorder

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Hi @Stigi86 ,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for posting. 

I'd like to firstly mention that I can hear the desperation in your post. I'd also like to say that I know, full well, what it is like as I have been in a similar position.

BPD can be very challenging. Treatment takes longer than the 10-20 sessions you get with a MH plan. And this is tricky if you don't have private health insurance. Which state do you reside? There are different services depending on where you live.

You're welcome to join us at Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script . You can read more about BPD, ask questions, share your experiences, read about the experiences of others etc.

Take care, there IS help available.

BPDSurvivor

My

Hi and welcome, @Stigi86 , it's good you've joined the forums. 🙂

@Stigi86 wrote:

I need some advice and someone that may be able to point me in the right direction as to going about getting free help with dealing with borderline personality disorder

The first step would be to make an appointment with your GP and ask for a Mental Health Care Plan. This entitles you to 10 subsidised appointments per year with a psychologist, who your GP will refer you to. (It has gone up to 20 appointments per year during Covid)

I know @BPDSurvivor  has said that that amount of appointments per year is not enough for BPD, but it would be a good start. 

I also hope that you find support and encouragement here on the forums - there are a lot of threads about BPD, so you can type that into the search bar. 

Well done for reaching out for help, @Stigi86 .

How are you, @Stigi86 ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance