Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Saveme
New Contributor

Death of my partner

I lost my partner on 30/6/24 on a  greyhound bus that crush with a 4x4 and towing a caravan at gumlu qld highway  she was travelling with her daughter and 4 grandchildren they were coming back home to Townsville my partner went with her daughter to  Gladstone to help look after her kids who was picking up house keys so they can move into there rented house the next week which I feel so guilty that I should have let her daughter and family move in with us and I would have my partner with me now and her daughter would have her mother 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Death of my partner

@SavemeI so sorry for your loss.  It's such a tragic loss.  I know it's easy to feel that guilt, you could never have expected this to happen.  I'm sure they were excited to be moving into their own house so try not to feel any guilt because there's no way you could have known.  I'm sure your partner wouldn't want you to blame yourself but remember what she meant to you and all the good times you shared together.

Maybe, if you feel like it, you could share a bit more about her and some of the things you loved about her.  You don't have to of course, but I thought it might help.

Hi @Saveme 

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for sharing your story. 

Tragedy like you've experienced can be overwhelming, so I'm glad that you've found us to share the load. We're friends here, and always happy to listen when you need a friendly ear. 

My beautiful partner [edited by moderator] and i been together for 20 beautiful years she was the most dedicated loving and supportive mother of 4 children and 12 grandchildren and loved her mother brothers and sisters and rest of  her very large family member's she was very dedicated  to multiple churches she was the lead singer and guitar player for them and she sang at funerals and at tombstone openings she pray every day and night not just for our family but for everyone on earth she loved every one                she brightened up everyone lives when she around people she always has a smile and makes you laugh when you need cheering up she has a beautiful soul and spirit that we needed here on earth I'm so depressed and so lost without my love [edited by moderator] beside me it's getting to hard for me 

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss @Saveme. It's clear that your partner had such a profound and beautiful impact on you and those around her. 

I wish there was something I could say to reduce your feelings of grief, but I know that's not possible after losing someone so dear to you. What I will say is that we're here for you to support you during this time. 

I did also want to mention another support, Griefline who offer free one on one phone support for those processing grief.

Lastly, a quick note to let you know that moderators do need to remove any names mentioned in posts here on the forums, to ensure the safety and anonymity of our members you can read more about this in our guidelines.

Take care,

Ru-bee

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance