Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AnxiousMe
Senior Contributor

Somethings Not Right

Another antidepressant post 

but im 3 days until i am onto week 7 of starting my dose for anxiety/OCD and I don’t feel any emotionally better i feel abit less anxious and the feeling of diss connection is slowly passing but i still feel like my energy happiness and joy is gone i spoke to my GP and psyc about my symtoms 2 weeks ago and they said it was normal atleast wait until week 8 but i dunno would it even be worth it? 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Somethings Not Right

@AnxiousMe Hi AnxiousMe it is definitely worth it. Hang in there and go by what the docs say as meds can take quite awhile to kick in but when the do you will feel alot better trust the pea 🙂 xxx

@greenpea Thanks for the reply 🙂 

I am feeling alright today I will stick with it especially since it’s Christmas lol just abit frustrating just want to feel all my emotions to the fullest not dulled and blah but i can see small improvements from 2 weeks ago i was feeling weird as not myself at all felt disconnected 

@AnxiousMe Yeah I know what you mean. Being medicated is the pits but for me at least it is better than the alternative and it has taken a long time for meds to settle properly in my system.  They have now so I am sure they will for you too. Wishing you a great Chrissy 🙂

@greenpea Yeah i spose i just get really anxious and start thinking irrational stuff like scared i am going to get schizophrenia and go all delusional lol I realise it’s irrational but it feels real thanks to my old friend anxiety haha good times ill stick with it lol 

merry Christmas 

@AnxiousMe if you end up with schizo you will be in good company! Smiley Wink

@greenpea haha I don’t think i will i have never had symptoms and my psyc 7 years ago and my psyc now said I won’t Ocd is just a basted that feeds off fears been through a few horrible fears my problem is i google stuff  lol 

@greenpea I have noticed its a common theme among ocders

@greenpeaI tell ya tho im 27 and the hardest thing iv had to do in ages is catch my fish so i could clean my tank little basteds are fast took me an hour nothing prepared me for OCD but this was harder lol 😂 

@AnxiousMe I remember having fish. We had an adorable black more which travelled with the family all the way to three capital cities 🙂 and your are right they are slippery little suckers 😛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance