Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Partner with both MH issues and cancer

I am hoping Mr Darcy will not find it too much @RMG

ohhh my @Former-Member , hugs my friend HeartHeartHeart

Oh @Former-Member and Mr Darcy,

I am so sorry. I have been thinking of you and wondering how Mr Darcy went with his appintment and I am so terribly sad to learn this for you both. I don't really have a lot of words so just letting you know I am here Heart

images - 2020-09-17T193017.487.jpeg

Thinking of you @Former-Member xxx

Feeling a bit lost at the moment. Mr Darcy is withdrawing, he is finding it difficult to smile.  He told the oncologist (in a very illogical way) that he doesn't want any more treatment but she talked him into it. I maintain a "will support any decision you make" perspective. I am wondering if I should have been a bit more assertive, the oncologist would not give a "with vs without treatment" prognosis.

ohhh @Former-Member  hugs my friend HeartHeart

My FIL got to that point  and he decided he was having anymore treatment which was hard but my MIL went with his decision 

also My mum has ongoing bowel obstructions and she has said that she is not going through another surgery which is hard to watch and see the drs and nurses try other solutions 

soo not looking forward to when it happens again 

@Shaz51 I know it is hypothetical but I could not see myself accepting the treatment that is on offer to Mr Darcy. Time will tell whether it affords him quality of life which is my main concern.

@Former-Member so sorry to read what you are both going through 😢 xxx

How are you going @RMG ? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance