Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Partner with both MH issues and cancer

How are you going @Stephanie86 .

@Melu 

My husband has a potentially terminal illness, I have stopped looking at the stats and am determined to be grateful for whatever time we have left. 

Even if your husband does not have cancer, to post here or start your own discussion thread as there may be others who have a similar medical condition to that of your hubby.  Most terminal conditions do have websites that can be helpful as to what care and support is available to both patients and carers. Alternatively the Carer Gateway or Carers Australia are good starting points to get some help for you.

How are things going @RMG ?

Mr D had his first chemo infusion Thursday (no radiotherapy at this stage). No early side effects at this end as yet but a further drop in one of his psych meds was thought necessary and I am sure he is ramping up 

My husband is doing ok with his chemo and radio. Very tired but no nausea. His bipolar hasn't raised it's head yet thankfully. Did I mention he is a paraplegic?

Yes, but perhaps not in this discussion thread @RMG . Is there something you would like to mention in relation to this.

Sometimes I feel like I am always giving and the load gets heavy.

You do have a burden @RMG  which is too heavy to carry on your own. How much help do you get?

How are things going @RMG  @Stephanie86  @Former-Member @Melu ?

Mr Darcy only having mild side effects to chemo thus far. I think he is ramping up a little moodwise. 

We are doing well! No mental health worries. Chemo and radiotherapy going great. Only minor side effects - tiredness and blistered lips. Only 10 more radiotherapy treatments and 3 more cycles of chemotherapy.

Mild side effects only here - occasional mild nausea, occasional mild gastro and two sore spots one in mouth, one on lips  @RMG,  Mr D now has a week off to help his body recover before round 2 of 6 starts again on Thursday.  He is coping well and remaining fairly positive. 

How are you coping? While I think I am doing a bit better I have noticed a couple of things are slipping and see a new counselor on Monday.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance