Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

it is understandable to be so overwhelmed with everything, can you get in a home care plan for your mum so you can get some help with her day to day care, you need to look after you too as you are not well yourself. 

is there any family that could help out sometimes with your mum?

thank you @Smc@BlueBay Heart

going to try my @Jacques  but mum does not want anyone to come in and help , so indepentant but frail xx

i understand @Shaz51 so was my dad, but sometimes they have to swallow their pride, it is hard hard work being a full time carer and everyone needs help, it really is a two person job. i hope if you have a chat to your mum, maybe even get someone in to help clean and cook meals for her, and you can do showering and changing cloths for her

thank you my awesome friend @Jacques Heart

how has your weekend been 

i have put drops in mums eyes and have rubbed her sore shoulders , the doctor thinks she has a pinched nerve in the shoulder area xx

Sorry to hear that your mums health and abilities have deteriorated to that extent   @Shaz51 . It seems to have happened quickly, but I expect for you ... you'd have noticed a slow but steady decline. Terribly sad when our loved ones fade like that. My Dad is in a similar situation.

Also disappointed for you that dialysis is being recommended sooner than you had hoped. Has your kidney function dropped below 20% already? Or are they concerned about buildup of toxins that your body is currently unable to eliminate? I guess if your overall health is now suffering badly, then you will likely feel much better once dialysis starts. Its far from easy though, and very time consuming. I had a cousin who was on dialysis for years. She did well, but sadly never received a donor kidney. And a friend of my husbands had dialysis for a long time. He was in his late 40s at the time.  He eventually received a donor kidney, and has thrived ever since. In fact I saw him at hubbys funeral 5 weeks ago. He is over 70yo now, and still going strong.

Thinking of you @Shaz51 and hoping for the best all round, for you, your mum and Mr Shaz.

Emelia 🌷🌻🌹

aww you are such a goo daughter my friend @Shaz51 your mum is so so lucky to have you in her life. 

been a quiet weekend, got sore joints from the covid shot, so just resting. spending a lot of time with my girlfriend. i really enjoy spending time with her. 

hugs my friend, you are amazing 🙂

are they concerned about buildup of toxins that your body is currently unable to eliminate? -- thank you my sister @Emelia8 , still the kidney funtion is at 21% but the toxins that are out of control 

trying to keep it stable as long as i can xx

yes i was thinking of you and your dad xxxx yes to see mum not doing her usually things and they are getting less every week 

Mr shaz says he is getting dementia -- i say no way 

how are you going my sister xoxo

@Jacques  , my brother , I am soo happy you have a wonderful partner 

Hope you feel better soon after your covid shot -- 1st shot or 2nd shot xx

i have not had mine yet 

Thank you my lovely @Shaz51 I'm truly content now.

Umm it is my first shot, second on on the 28th, I got no major side effects a sore arm is about it

got no major side effects a sore arm is about it-- that is good my @Jacques 

how is your mum going xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance