Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure if I can keep doing it anymore!

I don't know if I can keep doing this, I've been waiting 2 weeks already for a bed in a psych hospital to get help. In the meantime my head's going crazy and tomorrow is a hard day, its my dad's 1 year since he died unexpectedly. I wanted to be in hospital for that because I still carry alot of guilt over that. On-top of that the voices and paranoia are crap and I can barely sleep. I'm losing my mind, how much can one person can take? 

Hi @Kit88 ,

I'm sorry to hear you have been waiting so long for a bed in a psych ward. 

Do you have any other supports you can turn to at this particularly difficult time? For example a MH team, friends etc? Or do you have a safety plan you have developed?

I hear that this upcoming anniversary of your father's death may be a particularly challenging time and you feel you want some supports in place.

I used to have red flag periods in my life. I worked through these with my psychologist, set up safety plans, and at times, I did spend some time in a prevention and recovery centre. Other times, I worked with my therapist to plan meaningful activities and supports in the community.

Hope this helps.

tyme

Thanks for your reply but the MH team here suck and don't help at all..

I don't have many supports and the ones that I do are hard to get too. I don't really have a safety plan besides reachout to a support line, which I'm trying but other then that nothing!

Tomorrow is a going to be a really hard day especially ontop of everything else, I just hope I'm strong enough to withstand it because right now I don't think I can do it ☹️

Would you like to give our counsellors a go tonight @Kit88 ? I'm not sure of they wait time, but it think it is important to be proactive about what is happening for you so that we can work to minimise the stressors that come with tomorrow?

If you want, you can give SANE counsellors a call on our drop-in line on 1800 187 263 (10am-10pm AEST M-F).

Otherwise, you can also call lifeline etc to see gain their thoughts on how to manage tomorrow? If you can develop a safety plan tonight, you may surprise yourself tomorrow.

Sitting with you, 

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance