Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Not functioning

I am struggling to function at all lately I am only managing to shower once a week I haven’t washed my hair in months I am not managing to keep up with cleaning and I have an inspection coming up, I am not managing to feed myself well I am not sleeping well I am not managing to study or get any work done I feel like I am drowning. I am struggling with meds I only realized tonight that I probably haven’t taken my meds in a week or so I really don’t know. The other morning I was really confused for a few hours I thought I was in another city and I was hearing stuff and thought I had a different car and that my dog was still alive and then again tonight the printer was talking and I feel really all over the place and I have only slept one night this whole week and I don’t understand I am on meds and have support workers coming in but nothing is enough to cover even my basic needs and everything is just a mess that is before I even consider the mess that my degree is in I am just I can’t deal with everything and I feel so disorganized all the time like I can’t seem to plan things or do anything that requires lots of like organization and it is just getting really hard but I don’t think there is anything more anyone can do but I also can’t keep going like this I am completely lost. 

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Not functioning

Hello @Eden1919 I'm really sorry you're struggling so much. It can get really hard.

I have a pill box marked with days of the week for my meds. You can get them in different sizes - 1 compartment per day or 3 or 4 compartments per day. I can look at my pill box and tell if I'm on track - I haven't missed a day or doubled up. And you can set a daily reminder on your phone for the time you want.

Not sleeping this week isn't good. Would showering before bedtime help you sleep? 

@Eden1919 I've been there, I know things can be tough but they can also get better. 

It's good you have a support team but I hope you can talk to them about what you need from them right now.

Take care my friend   sending you love and strength 

Dimity 

Hello @Eden1919. It seems that those who should be looking out for you aren't doing so. That's inexcusable.

@Dimity's advice to shower before bedtime is a wonderful idea. It makes you feel fresh and when you get into bed, you're already feeling warm and ready to snuggle in.

Try to use your day to achieve your most important tasks and try not to sleep through the day so you sleep better at night. Try her medication advice re the daily dose setup.

I haven't got any advice for you @Eden1919. Prioritize what is important. And put yourself at the top of the list! Be kind to yourself.

Sending you good wishes. I hope today is a little brighter for you.🌺

Hi @Eden1919 it sounds things are really really tough at the moment, and it's very understandable that you're feeling. I'll send you an email to check in with you if that's ok? ❤️ 

We're sitting here with you

TuxedoCat

Hey @Eden1919 wanted to check in and see how you're doing today? I can really hear how overwhelming and confusing things are for you right now. 

It sounds like you've had very little sleep and I know that impacts my own mental health in such a huge way. I can fully empathise with that. 

I always appreciate how you reach out to us and tell us when things are difficult. I know you are good at identifying when things are hard for you and I'm wondering if you reach out to your supports the same way you do with us? 

We care about you and we want you to get the support you need. I'm hearing the level of distress you're experiencing and I don't think you should have to go through this alone. I encourage you to speak with your professional supports or reach out to crisis support if things escalate for you. 

Please take care, you are in our thoughts 💛

hey sweetheart i have been thinking of you recently. wondering how you were going. know that pea is here for you.x

Big hugs. For me, focusing on comforts in my surroundings helps. I have two sheepskins that I hug and scrunch in my hands. Being in blankets helps. Also, I sometimes bribe myself to do things like have a shower by promising myself some kind of reward afterwards. I hope you find some relief soon. You are not alone… we are all here, struggling too.. all we can do is keep supporting one another ❤️

Hi @Eden1919 ,

Do you have supports in place for yourself? It sounds like a particularly challenging time. You deserve support. You are worth it.

Thank you for connecting with us and sharing your journey with us,

tyme

Sending lots of love @Eden1919  and hoping you have some real life support.

@Dimity has some helpful hints to keep your meds on track.

Take care 💙

Thank you everyone for your replies I currently have my meds in a Webster pack but it isn’t helping and I have tried alarms as well and they work for about a day and then I just ignore them. As for the showers the time doesn’t make a difference it is just extremely difficult no matter when I try and do it. 

I have had a terrible day today I have only slept 2 nights all week and last night wasn’t one of them, I have been crying all afternoon/night, my support worker told me I was “making excuses” and that I wasn’t trying hard enough I am exhausted and all I want to do is hug my dog but I can never do that again now that she is gone and I am trying so hard to manage but I am just not and I don’t know what to do anymore. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance