Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need a little help tonight

@Zoe7  Yeah I was pretty worried about mum to begin with, but once I realised it could be a UTI I started feeling ok.  We have settled into a pretty good routine lately, even the insulin isn’t much of a problem anymore.  I understand how it works now, and after speaking to the diabetes educator and seeing little patterns in her finger jab tests, I’m even allowed to change the dosage of the slow release injection without speaking to her Dr first.

Please keep me posted on how Cat goes tomorrow.  I think my day tomorrow will be fairly quiet.  Saturday we are having a birthday party here for my daughters partner, so I’ll probably be prepping food most of the day, making a bday cake and doing a little cleaning up.  It’s just a bbq with the family and a couple of friends, should be a good night.

I will keep you updated on how it goes with Cat tomorrow @Razzle Heart

It will be good for you to have some people around and enjoy their company. You spend so much time alone with your Mum and have had to miss some other social gatherings so this will be nice for you. I hope you have a great time Hon. Enjoy the preparation as well as the BBQ - should keep you out of trouble for the day at least lol

@Zoe7  At least with a bbq I won’t have to cook, the biggest job I’ll have is making the cake - and probably a pav or my brother will never let me hear the

end of it.

Mum has a covered, closed in bbq area out the back of her house which needs a bit of a spruce up which my daughter will help me with Saturday, so I might cook the cake and pav tomorrow and then just decorate them Sat afternoon.

I really am looking forward to it, I guess I have been stuck here for a while.

That all sounds like you have a good plan @Razzle and then can just enjoy the evening on Saturday. A bonus your daughter is coming to help too - between you both you can do the spruce up and get everything ready for the guests. I think it will be really great for you too - some good company, some good food and with little stress to organise it Smiley Very Happy I look forward to hearing how it goes Heart

@Zoe7   We used to have a lot of family bbqs here, especially when my father was alive.  It kind of feels like after everything being turned upside down lately that I’ll be doing something “normal”.  

It sounds like this BBQ is just what you need then @Razzle Enjoy every minute of it and try to put everything aside for the day and evening and just be there enjpying yourself Heart

@Zoe7   I definitely will.  Looks like mums making a move for bed, I best

sort out her antibiotics and I might get an early night myself.  

All the the best for Cats appointment, and I hope you can get the garage cleaned up in no time so that you can get back into your painting. ❤️❤️

Thanks @Razzle I'll let you know how it goes with Cat tomorrow. Sleep well Hon and goodluck with the cake and pav making tomorrow Heart

Checking in @Razzle and sending you hugs Heart

Hi @Zoe7 .  Thanks for checking in.  Been a bit flat lately.  I’ve jumped on the forums a few times to keep up to date, but have stayed pretty quiet.  

I’ve been following your other thread.  Glad Toby didn’t have to have any teeth removed, hope Cat is comfortable too and that you are getting lots of cuddles.

Mums memory comes and goes at the

moment.  I think for the most part she knows who I am.  She seems to remember that this is her house again so that is good.  We went to a stage show a couple of nights ago, she still talks about it so that has lodged in her brain somewhere - but ask her what she had for tea last night and she wouldn’t be able to tell you.  

Hope you are keeping well ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance