Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

I cannot tell you how deeply i relate. I have a passion for music and performing but there is so much drama, competitiveness, vulnerabity and intense hard work in that industry. All eyes are on you which is freeing and terrifying. It's so hard to know what the first step to make is when even the thought of this thing i love makes me nervous and tired. It's not easy to motivate yourself. I find that taking super small steps and rewarding myself with empathy works for me. Sometimes i feel like i am patronizing myself, but when i am super low, i give myself on, clear achievable goal that i promise myself i will reward myself for. Some days it's as simple as showering, other days i feel like i can practise a song and other days practsing my music is a blessing and comes easily, no matter what though, i try and tell myself "Hey, it was small but you f-ing did it and that is something". I don't know alot about journalism, but maybe even reading some stuff and just observing good journalism could bring you a bit of passion. 

Thank you for that post, it really resonated with me. You have so much stuff going on and that is overwhelming, no wonder you feel a lack of motivation and joy. You are allowed to feel like crap. When i don't want to do something, i often listen to music or a podcast while i do it, maybe that can help with excersize? Maybe swimming or martial arts or dancing or some other kind of exercise might be good, it may be more enjoyable than friggin push-ups lol.  

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

@Flying_Hams Morning my fren, how has everything been?

morning @DJMasters
Just seeing parents off. Then I'll get some coffee.

Taking it easy today.

Morning @Flying_Hams @DJMasters @dontrainonme @oceangirl @Owlunar 

feel like this after walk re blood pumping lol

https://youtu.be/TmeiqwI6Ejk

G'day von @TAB

Hi there @dontrainonme
I'm sorry I didn't get you notice. If you tag people with the @ then they can be notified in the notifications.

I am happy to hear that you resonaated with my posts. Welcome to my thread.

How are you today?

@Judi9877 @Shaz51 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @Appleblossom @frog @eth @Angels333 @Owlunar @Former-Member
@Ant7 @Molliex @Jacques @Former-Member @Maggie @NatureLover @Eve7 @DJMasters @BPDSurvivor @oceangirl @Fluttershy1 @dontrainonme

Hi forumites. Another weekend draws to a close. I am happy I managed to get get to the gym twice in a week. Hopefully that can be kept up. I find it hard to though. I've also washed the car and vacuumed inside it as it was pretty rank. 12 bucks all up.

Atm I am outside in the sunlight as the sun sets. Yesterday I spoke to my friend about how I am happy to just have a job that pays and so many around me at work are forgetting that. They are getting caught up in work politics and sillyness like that.

Last night me and my folks went to see my sister who is on a mini holiday of sorts. She doesn't get out much so it was good for her to do. It's the second time she did it. We went for italian and then ice cream after which was 7 bucks lol. It was a lot of money for a scoop of frozen cream. Lol. But it was nice to be together like that. We came home after. Tonight I have the house on my own. I don't mind it.

This week will be the same as last week as my sister and I are here. Parents left for this week again for work.

There are indeed a many things to be grateful for. I actually believe that gratefulness is what is getting me through these crazy times.

I am prepared to see the rest of this year out without any dating, job searches, holidays etc. Just taking it one week at a time until the work break kicks in.

Last week at work I was training a colleague somewhat. It was nice to be the one doing that for a change I must say. This week I think I am back where I was 2 weeks ago - learning stuff again. It is what it is. No one can fault me on my work ethic. I am reliable and do my job without any fuss. I think this is important. I also need to contact someone from linkedin who sent me a message about an opportunity.... life...

I am making beef stroganoff tonight for dinner and I am drinking some mint tea atm

I hope you are all well

good on you @Flying_Hams  sounds like some good thinking there

Hi @Flying_Hams 

You are doing awesome, and great attitude too.  

Cheers @TAB @oceangirl
Hope you are both well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance