Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Internal shaking

Hi everyone 

for the past few months I’ve been having internal shakes. It happens all the time when I’m in bed asleep. It wakes me up. It feels like I’m shaking internally. I can’t see my body shaking just feel. 

I know it sounds strange but I was wondering if anyone else has had this type of feeling. 

Havent told my doctor because I thought it would go away. But now I’m thinking it’s more consistent so I’ll tell him on Monday at my appt. 

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Internal shaking

I have had what sounds exactly like that, I don't know what it is or the cause.... Sorry @BlueBay  

I’ll let you know what my doctor says @Surfbird

@BlueBay

@Surfbird

I do too.  I don’t know what it is either.  I feel like my whole body shakes but when I look at my hands they don’t move.  It’s a horrible feeling

I thought I was the only one!!!

It’s a weird feeling isn’t it @Razzle

@BlueBay

The best way I can describe it is like waking up the day after a bender.  It’s like the jitters you have with a hangover, but you haven’t been drinking

I get it from time to time @BlueBay. For me it's just one of those body symptoms I get due to anxiety.  Yes,  particularly when I'm not aware I'm anxious. 

Hi @BlueBay. I was wondering if your Dr came up with an answer as to why you get that internal shaking feeling??

Please don’t feel pressured to reply if you’re not comfortable ❤️❤️

Hey @Razzle

all he said was thst it’s prob anxiety. But I don’t get it because I’m not anxious when I go to sleep. It happens during the night and wakes me up @Razzle

I’m going back tomorrow to check my blood pressure. I emailed  my psych today snd told him about it also. He suggests I go bsvk to my doctor and get investigated because I have also been having tingling in my right arm. He thinks it’s all related to my high blood pressure. 

I’ll let you tomorrow. Xx

@BlueBay  That’s interesting, I’d never have even considered blood pressure as a cause.  I was blaming anxiety but I get this internal shaking/jitters at odd times too.  Hope you get some answers

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance