Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

How do you get rid of that "what the [...] have I done" feeling after reaching out?

I talked to my manager about the emotional effect of work. I asked her to move me to a different section tonight, because hearing my ex's voice during the night is maddening. Also simply because it's a breach of her privacy.

She was really nice about it, I think especially because she knows what happened from when she worked here two years ago.

I told her that it's only for a limited time, because I'm thinking of leaving work soon.

However, today I am kind of nervous about going there.

• My manager's probably going to check in with me and see how I'm doing, and that's a bit embarrassing.
  • What if she can't move me for strategy reasons, and I said all of that stuff for nothing?
  • What if someone heard us talking and is going to tell my ex?
  • What if it still hurts?

I am sure this is just Depression Speak. I am fluent in Depression Speak. I'm sure it's not unique, though, like why does reaching out make you feel anxious/ashamed?

I know it's not recommended to tell people that you're looking for a new job, and I told like three people last night... eek. "What the [...] have I done?"

P.S. She's only in charge for one more day, and our usual manager comes back next week. She is AWFUL, and I don't trust her with that information.

How do I explain it to her without going into detail? That's mainly a question for my counselor anyway, but yeah.

[...] TYPOS 😅. Instead of "mainly", I wrote "manly". Devastating 💙💛.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do you get rid of that "what the [...] have I done" feeling after reaching out?

hi @Former-Member  

i often worry about the consequences of reaching out too or woryring if someone heard or what the outcomw till be. i dont really have any advice but just wanted you to know your not alone 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance