Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Queenie
Community Elder

Feeling very low

My friends and my family, I feel, could do better without me in their lives. They are throwing a party while I’m in respite and I’m not invited. My promised birthday gift isn’t coming now as it was sold to someone else. If I still want what I was going to be given, I was told to buy it myself. I get bullied by the mrs about my former drug use. It makes me wonder if they actually do care or only care when it is convenient for them.

It shouldn’t matter but it hurts.

I’m a loser anyway. I just feel like running away.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Feeling very low

@Queenie 😔 You're really having a hard time at the moment it seems. That sounds so lonely and rough.

You're not a loser, though I see how the actions of others might be making you feel like that.

Lots of caring from here, wishing you felt more of it from those important to you in your life ❤

Personally I cannot wait for respite @CheerBear . We haven’t had any fights but somehow I think space is needed. 

You mmentioned loneliness, I think I am pretty lonely. I spend night after night crying 😢 but nobody notices here at home.

Thank you for thinking of me.

How long until respite @Queenie? Feeling so low that you're crying at home but not having anyone notice would be so lonely. So sorry 🙁

Hi, it sounds like you are really going through a difficult time. I hope your mood has lifted a little today. It sounds like your family is not being supportive. You cannot control what they think, say and do. You can only control your own thoughts and behaviours. Try to be a little kinder to yourself and instead of beating yourself up with "I'm a loser anyway," say "I am getting better every day in every way. I am changing my life around." (use your own words, of course). All the very best with the respite stay, and remember to focus on what you can control.

Hey there @Queenie just checking in to see how you are travelling today? Sounds like you've had a heavy few days. Heart

Hey @CheerBear I disappear on Friday for a week hopefully. It is pretty lonely here with no friends who visit. I sit in my room and listen to music and just cry 😢 most nights. Maybe the heart will grow fonder in my absence?

Hi @nashy today anxiety has the better of me. I feel like I’m going to be sick but keep trying to breathe around it. It was a college day today and thankfully I got through it. Tomorrow I’m doing a major assessment very nervous!

Not too long to go @Queenie. Really hope the break is helpful for you.

🙁 That sounds sad and I hope your people are kinder to you soon. Would there be anyone in respite you could talk to about what home is like for you and maybe have a family meeting (or something like that)?

@Queenie 

Good Luck with handing in, or getting more time for your assignment. 

Smiley Happy

You have achieved a great deal even if the Mrs and kids do not always see it. 

Heart

Getting off drugs is no easy matter.  You Rock!

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance