Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Smc
Senior Contributor

Re: D.I.D....

Hi @Determined, thanks.

More of the same happening here. Older Daughter's in and out of ER for one reason or another, mostly maybe-physical problems. Getting a fair bit of teenage angst from Younger Daughter, which is surprisingly hard. I know it goes with the age, but I'd so much like it if she was willing to talk with us, not just argue. And maybe occasionally have some fun with us.

Sounds like you are getting it all round @Smc  🥺

Smc
Senior Contributor

Yeah, lots going on @Determined. The two sons are basically OK....

Hugs @Smc , @Determined ❤❤❤

@Smc  will continue to pray 🙏

@Smc  thinking of you and family. 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Determined. Not much to report. I'm a bit over winter though. I want a bit of sunshine...

Trying to work out how we can deal with the unending clutter in our house. It's a real roadblock and gets me down. It's hard rubbish collection time here, so we need to see what can go out. Though I'd prefer to re-home as much as I can. Landfill is something that worked OK years ago when people didn't chuck out much, and most of it was either stuff that rotted away or was inert anyway, like glass and china. Now... landfills are one of our world's big environmental headaches. Smiley Frustrated

Older Daugher is going into hospital in a week and a half for an investigation into a possible cause of some of her physical problems. I don't know whether they'll find anything, and whether it would be good if they did, or good if they didn't.

@Smc  Agree with being over winter.
We have had a couple of days where there has been a taste of spring but then it goes back to freezing again.
Clutter is a biggie here also, even after we rehomed and binned a lot in the movig process I can see it building again.
I found while it was hard throwing stuff out when moving (we just did not have time to sort at all) now I could not tell you most of what we moved on. And despite it feeling soo good to see it gone it is still hard to thinking about getting rid of clutter that remains, and is building again 😞  

Trust the testing goes well for daughter and she recieves the best possible outcome 🙏 

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Determined @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Faith-and-Hope 

Older Daughter's hospital "day surgery" happened two days ago. I've been thinking that they might need to drop the assumption that she can recover at home after day surgery. Almost without fail she ends up back at the hospital that night due to complications (some real, some possibly psychosomatic)... and that's happened again this time. So they've admitted her for two nights, and she's due to be sent home today.

The surgery didn't find the expected problem. It did however find another issue, easily resolved during the surgery, so we'll wait and see... I'd really like to be able to contact her doctor at the moment to discuss the results, but I'd rather talk to her without Older Daughter being involved. Due to the possibility that she "adopts" diagnoses... Dunno if I can legally do that.

So we've had a bunch of phone calls from her while she was in hospital, and are feeling emotionally exhausted as a result. Hoping recovery from here on in goes more smoothly.

@Smc  🙏

Have been wondering how that was progressing. 

My experience talking to drs has been dependent on the dr. By the rules probably not. But some will listen and provide feedback in generic terms in order to gain a clearer picture and provide more relevant care. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance