Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

NMC
Casual Contributor

Crying in despair

I am broken down and crying in despair. I find work so hard, my workload too much to cope with and I just don't have it in me to push through the busy period ahead. I cry before, during and after work, my heart thumps and breath disappears as I walk in the doors.
I am just disintegrating more each day and all the efforts I have made haven't changed matters. My boss is over it, this has been going on too long but I can do any more than I am doing, I am going to break. I am now struggling to see how I will make it through each day, I don't want to struggle but I don't want to hurt anyone.
It's not as easy as quitting as I need an income but tonight I am thinking it's not worth it, I'm scared I will make a decision I regret when I might feel ok tomorrow. Tired of crying and having sore eyes! I feel like there's nothing left for me to give, I am exhausted from crying.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Crying in despair

Dear @NMC

It is very difficult when faced with a situation that continually overwhelms us.  Some bosses are not sympathetic. Are there other possibilities ,,, another job ,, or industry?

Have you approached a GP to discuss your feelings and thoughts?

Many people have found ideas, and support through these forums.  I hope you get some relief.

Hi @NMC

Welcome to the Forums, I'm really sorry to read about the issues you're having with work at the moment.

Your story reminded me of a Topic Tuesday we did 2 months ago about managing the workplace. You might find some tips in the discussion - check it out here

Just to clarify, are you currently recieving support through a professional?

Thanks,

Nik

Thanks Nic! Yes, am receiving professional help, just a tough day, thanks for the link

Understandable! Dreading work and it having the servere impact it is having is definately a valid reason for having a bad day!

Does your professional give you any guidence on managing the workplace - any tips on how to manage your manager or how you can approach your workplace to work out something that reduces your stress?

Or perhaps a doctors certificate?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance