Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

SnowWhite
Contributor

At the end of my rope here

All i want is things done, I'm so over phone calls not returned and having to chase them, help for me being slow and being stuck at home with a sore leg and pain.

I am feeling so frustrated and just over people not doing what they say they will and/ or it being done wrong so i have to go back to the drawing board to start again.Ive been at home since January with a stint in hospital with a virus and my knee decideding it was time for me to be in pain and not be able to walk.

I had a fall a few months before December and told my doctor and all he said i was that i aggrivated my osteo arthritis but I knew it was more then that.

It took a visit to hospital and and the doctor there demanding my doctor take better care of my pain  management, then my doctor has the hide to say i never told him of my fall. i have not been able to have any physio as my knee has been very tender and sore to touch the slightest touch and i jump but it's improving because Im fed up with it. I can only do so much weight baring on it as to much sets it of and my knee locks up and let the pain beginn right down my leg. Getting in and out of a car are a new adventure in pain i can tell you,and the recent heat in QLD made my leg a big water bag. I need an MRI but as they are no longer covered by medicare it's either cough up between $3-4 hundred dollars or wait so here I am waiting to see if there is something wrong with my leg they are guessing i have torn the minisal ligament under my knee joint. I feel a prisoner in my own home lately and i have gotten out a few times but i just want to do what i was able to do before. Now i know how a caged tiger feels. So i have decided to do my own Physio and everyday i just move my leg a bit more and when it hurts i stop. 

Sorry for the long rant but Im just feeling so frustrated 

Snow White 

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: At the end of my rope here

I’m so sorry.
I can relate that I’m at the end of my tether too.
I needed some MRIs a while ago and couldn’t afford them. My kind doc bulk billed me a CT scan. Might be an option???

Re: At the end of my rope here

Hi Tiger,

Had  CT scan and xray and all it showed was my leg was full of fluid and unfortunately the emergency doctor couldnt refer me on for an MRI  so my doctor send a referal of to the fracture clinic for them to do it hopefully but who knows 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance