Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Abby10
Contributor

Anxiety

Feeling pretty anxious and a bit off. I had a run in with the narc last week. Now I'm wondering if I'm the narc. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Anxiety

@Abby10  Welcome to the forums.

Thats how it works. They ( the narc) have the ability to transfer blame and guilt. You might soon be the best thing since sliced bread. It’s the webs they weave, and we keep getting caught, and become confused.

I will tag @Faith-and Hope , she has a much better use of words than I do.

You will receive plenty of support here.

Take care

Aies
New Contributor

Hi, sorry that happened. I know the feeling well. The very fact that you are questioning yourself, is a pretty good indicator, that you are not the narc. 

nashy
Senior Contributor

Hey there @Abby10 I think this is incredibly common when dealing with people who have NPD. We begin to question ourselves as part of the cognitive disssonance.  We're here to listen if you need Heart

@Aies  Welcome to the forums. It’s good to see you joining in. You are welcome to join any conversations.

Thanks for the replies @nashy @Maggie @Aies . I ended up with a crap headache. Full of words sometimes. Now I don't know what to say. I wanted to reach out days ago but thought I didn't deserve to. Yet I've posted essays other times. So i guess its made me feel a bit nothingish! Questioning everything!! And it's pointless because it's a hopeless brainbending exercise. 

@Abby10  It’s ok to be here, with or without words. We often just sit with each other when the words don’t come. It’s just wanting to let you know you are not alone, even when you feel you are.

I’ll add a few threads you might be interested in joing in, but no pressure, all in your own time.

Good Morning 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance