Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning @eth 

Good morning everyone.

I'm off to work soon.

Feeling sick - haven't slept well (most nights recently) & anxious.

We will get there...

Adge

Hi @Adge   I hope being at work will take your mind off your anxiety.  Sending strength and hugs x

Hi @eth  I look forward to your good mornings now Hon Heart (even if I get them in the afternoon lol)

@Adge I hope your anxiety has decreased a bit as the day has gone on - I can understand with all that you are dealing with though that it may not have - thinking of you and what is to come for you too Adge Heart

That's nice @Zoe7 .  I look forward to your posts too.  How was your day?

Thanks @Zoe7 I hope you had a good day.

Work made it much worse, by changing my shift (& people working with) 3 times this morning.

You never know where you stand with them - as soon as you think you have a routine worked out, they change it.

I'm not joking, that is a far too regular occurrence.

I'm now much better after doing a long Breathing & Mindfulness meditation.

Then I have my yoga class, in a few hour's time.

Adge

That would do my head in having shifts change all the time too @Adge  Routine and stability is so often needed for those of us with MI and it makes it harder to get through when there is constant change. You are doing well to get through with all these constant changes. I hope the yoga class later can help you to find a little piece tonight and you can at least get a bit more sleep tonight.

@eth A good day at work today - had some more nice things said to me from other teachers so that made my day. A couple of kids I have been working with got what we were learning today so that was a nice moment too. I am really enjoying my time there - the more I am given to do the better I am feeling - makes the day go quickly too. How has your day been?

Thanks @Zoe7 Yes there is no routine or stability in this disability service provider method.

That explains why even short shifts are often stressful.

I've been unable to practice effective self-care, whilst working in this field.

Yet when I sought help to get out, & back into horticulture (plants)(my passion) - the job search providers were determined to keep me working in the disability field.

Even when I clearly told them that it costs me far too much on a daily basis - & does not pay my bills.

I felt undermined & sabotaged, with my job applications.

Yes, yoga is always good - even when I don't feel like going.

Adge

Do you continue to look for jobs in horticulture yourself @Adge - it might be worth trying it again?

@Zoe7  I had a day at home which was good after all the busy times lately.  My coordinator of supports (for NDIS support workers etc) came here and we met for 1 1/2 hours and discussed a number of things going on at the moment.  Overall it went well.  Too tired to go into all the details tonight.  Just had pesto pasta made by my bro from basil out of our garden .... so good.  Leaves you feeling very vital!

@Adge  I hadn't known gardening is your passion before now.  What are you growing?  Do you grow your own food plants?  I live in a cabin in my bro and sil's back yard and they own the house next door too, the back half of that block is our vegie garden.  Such a luxury so close to the centre of town.  At the moment we are harvesting zucchini, basil, 3 types of thyme, pumpkins, rockmelon, chillis, rocket, chives, lemon verbena, eggplant, ceylonese (climbing) spinach, 3 types of mint and bananas.  And have watermelon, passionfruit, guava and paw paw coming along.  Plus more recently planted corn, marigolds, coriander, there is more but I can't think of it right now.  I'd love to hear about your garden.  It's such good therapy getting in to it isn't it?  Glad to hear you managed to get to yoga and that it helps you so much.  Your work situation sounds like it's not tenable for you.  I hope you are able to find something way less stressful before too long.

Hope you're both having peaceful evenings.

Glad you got a few things sorted today @eth I am not far off heading to bed. Took my meds earlier - hoping that makes me a little less tired in the morning. Just watching a little tv tonight - have cleaned up Toby's toys and he is snuggled next to me. Cat is still outside but I will get her in soon. She has been coming in in the mornings to snuggle on the bed with me so it must be getting colder for her in her room.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance