Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

greenpea
Senior Contributor

When getting angry is not a dirty word

Yesterday I felt really angry for the first time in ages.  My meds generally keep such moods flattened out but even now I feel a seething anger .... and it feels great to feel something after so long.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: When getting angry is not a dirty word

@greenpea wrote:

it feels great to feel something after so long.

I'm glad, @greenpea .

@greenpea 

Heart

Gabor Mate suggests we should not numb feelings.  With anger, I guess a lot depends on how we express it or use the energy of it ... 

Love it. Congratulations. Fight me 🙂

(I'm thinking salmon at dawn but I'm easy.)

@wellwellwellnez  Oh now I am a vegan/vegetarian so will have to be leeks!! Smiley LOL

@greenpea 

isn't is interesting... anger is the one emotion I find the most difficult to allow myself. When I was young and foolish I had a very bad temper and spent many years bringing it under control. Now even a twinge of anger brings an avalanch of guilt... I think I went too far the other way.

If I allowed myself to get angry with Mr S things would go very bad very quick... well I am angry with him a lot of the time, but I refuse expression of that anger, except the odd hysterical sob in the car on the way to work sometimes.

I am pleased for you as such feelings would probably be cathartic for me also.

Love S

It certainly is a good feeling to feel something through the numbness and cloud of medication (my experience), i find frustration and anger blockages to a better version of me, like im wasting energy on a complete stranger when i could be caring for myself.

I will admit i feel a little cheeky that i got worked up.

Its the adrenaline that i enjoy after the anger, that fight or flight response.

I also find it hard not to replay events over and over to work out when it all went sideways.

Take care.

@greenpea Awesome Pea, come do a boxing circuit with me, you'll feel amazing afterwards, it does wonders for the anger!! 🙂

luv ya xx

BB 🐰💙

@bipolarbunny  Boxing bunny!!!Rabbits boxing | Animal pictures, Hare, Animals

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance