Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

I look forward to what you post too @Pingu Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @Zoe7 @Would love to share here!

About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with EUPD. In that time I've lost everything. My daughter is in temporary custody with my mum, lost my home, family, friends. I've been fighting the MH system to get the right support. Finally I moved to a new area and was linked with the right ppl! I go to an Intensive Day Therapy Unit (IDTU) 4 days a week 10am- 3pm. It's run by psychologists, psychiatrists, OT's and Social Workers. I'm doing a mindfulness course and we have 2 psychosocial sessions a day, one on one with your caseworker and social sessions. It's INTENSE! Incredibly hard but I'm making small improvements. I've been there for 6 weeks. On the first day I did the art open art group. No idea what to do, the therapist suggested I draw a tree. So I did! And I haven't stopped since! I think it might have unlocked a hidden talent! Who knew! When I'm not in therapy or sleeping I'm drawing or painting. The benefits have been amazing! Very grounding and helps me practice mindfulness. Here's some of my fave pieces so far.... enjoy!

The tree that started it all!The tree that started it all!

This didn’t photograph very well. There’s grass detail all the way through. A3 Took about a week!This didn’t photograph very well. There’s grass detail all the way through. A3 Took about a week!

A thank you gift for RUAH Community ServicesA thank you gift for RUAH Community Services

I used watercolour pencils for this one, took hours!I used watercolour pencils for this one, took hours!

The “Catalpa.” The name of the building I do IDTU at.The “Catalpa.” The name of the building I do IDTU at.

I was born in Derby, love the outback!I was born in Derby, love the outback!

A new day!A new day!

A gift for my daughters beach theme room!A gift for my daughters beach theme room!

3D Butterfly3D Butterfly

Pretty proud of this one!Pretty proud of this one!

“Path to nowhere”“Path to nowhere”

“Connection”“Connection”

@Just_Listen Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you here - been such a full on busy week and so I have been absent from here for a while. I love that you have found art and you certainly have a talent for it. Sometimes things come from the most unexpected places but can have such an impact on us - art is very much like that for me too so it is wonderful that you have not only found something you enjoy but have a real talent for. Keep posting your work @Just_Listen - I for one very much would like to see more Smiley Very Happy

First attempt at abstrac

7C9EE213-2541-40E3-A8B3-F807142DCB78.jpeg

@Just_Listen  beautiiful 🙂

Awesome @Just_Listen That would actually look amazing in my loungeroom Smiley Wink

Those hands at the keyboard are amazing. @Just_Listen 

I wonder if doing some art therapy would help me.

I enjoyed looking at these pics from an art comp.

http://hobsonsbayartssociety.org.au/?fbclid=IwAR2jmJck6-L-jgxmOB0BR8RtBo8oH82b734K8zhWoTcyBM1miUcG6S... 

IMG_20200529_145902_335.jpg

Finally finished this one today.....what do you guys think. 

@greenpea @NatureLover @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @TAB @Ant7 

will check back later @The-red-centaur  cant see pic yet

@The-red-centaur  Hey The-red-centaur still cant see it will keep checking. Hoping you are okish hunny. Love peaxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance