Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Appleblossom
Community Elder

Munchies

Thought I would start a thread that can be used to chat or talk about food issues, hates or loves.  I do comfort eat but also I know its the great human connecting ground, because we all do need to eat, no matter what.

I wondered if some on the forum might relate to this more than the beergarden or the night shift. Hi @Former-Member I was thinking of you but anyone else who is interested may just pop in.

Just had a mandarin, its sweet but lighter flavour than an orange is sometimes just what i need.

Feel free to chat, though.

Cheers

Apple

172 REPLIES 172
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Munchies

Great idea for a thread @Appleblossom! I comfort eat sometimes too (especially in the cold weather!!).

I just had a mint slice with a cup of tea and it was heavenly Heart I don't think there's anything better than snuggling up with a blanket on a cold night with a lovely cuppa and a biccie Smiley Very Happy

When my students parents would complain about the weather getting cold .. I could also see the bright side ... soups, roasts and cosiness .. having been homeless when I was 6 and then at 16 .. I never take being "inside" for granted.

@comet expressed interest in easy recipes and I just learned one I like a lot at the basic cooking class I went to recently. This thread seemed to be the best place to put it:

Indian Red Lentil Dahl Soup

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil

3 teaspoons curry powder

1 teaspoon mustard seeds

1 teaspoon cumin seeds

1 teaspoon dried coriander leaves

1 teaspoon salt flakes

180g dried red lentils

1 litre vegetable stock

400g can diced tomatoes

2 cups water

fresh coriander

natural yoghurt

Method

1. Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add curry powder, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and salt flakes to pot. Saute for 5 minutes.
  2. Add red lentils, vegetable stock, water and diced tomatoes. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. (Soup is meant to be thick but just add more stock or water if it becomes too thick).
  3. Garnish with coriander and natural yoghurt.

Optional extras

• 1 brown onion finely chopped can be added at step 1.
  • 1/4 cup of washed pearl barley can be added at step 2.

Leftovers can be stored in fridge or freezer, reheated and served in different ways over time, such as with rice and/or vegetables.

i'm not really a soup guy but i'd go for that
Angels333
Senior Contributor

I might just give this a go my husband has IBD and he's also vegetarian. I often feel better in myself when I cook a good meal x

Hey @Appleblossom

Great thread!!!

Munchies for me right now - CHEEZELS yum yum

Angels333
Senior Contributor

Hey @BlueBay how are you going?

Hi @Angels333

I've had a stressful week with work and was quite dark in my mood on Friday night.

And today I saw my mother in law in care since Mothers day  - she is so bad, she is hearing voices that people are calling her horrible names.  i left so sad and upset. 

How are you @Angels333?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yum, I love dahl and all foods Indian 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance