Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Gotta get our fire going. 'Cos we were out shopping, it hasn't been lit today. Had my first vaccine dose yesterday and am feeling a litte under the weather as a result, so that's not helping my get-up-and-do-something motivation levels. 😛

1345075386197_5760319.png

@Smc where we are we have only had the 1 lockdown at the start but every time there is a locldown anywhere in the state even when we are unaffected people here go mad and empty the shelves. Can't follow the logic  lol. 

@Determined, I was pleased to see that this time the local small supermarket didn't get all the toilet paper stripped from its shelves. I guess fifth time around, people are more or less getting the message that there's enough to go around.

90454087_10158036732279512_6628383269404540928_n.jpg

We have the same problem every time the river rises despite it being  almost 10 years since the last proper flood and when we do get a propper flood we have weeks of advance warning. 

@Determined, we're near the headwaters here, so we don't get much warning. And although most of our food storage was above the waterline, I can guarantee you that that's the only time a full pantry has been a liability. Trying to find dry storage spots for it all... whew!

We are lucky that our home is well above the high water mark. But we do become marooned and unable to go anywhere. 

Good morning everyone,

I'm here to share a virtual hot chocolate and send love, especially to those facing lockdown and isolation.

Heart from cloudcore

Hi all,

Think Hot Chocolate is just what the good Dr ordered this morning. Cheers 😀

Hope your day has some sunshine in it 🌄☀️🙏

@cloudcore @Faith-and-Hope @Determined @Smc @AussieRecharger @Shaz51 @Mumslove  @Sophia1 all here

Screenshot_2021-07-02-15-46-13-08.jpg

IMG_20210425_161710.jpg

Hi @Anastasia.
Cloudy here, but at least it's not raining.

I managed to make a batch of these yesterday- Spiced Treacle Biscuits. They're not bad. Very firm and chewy. First time I'd tried the recipe. 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 2.01.43 pm.png

They look so good @Smc well done.

I'm craving something sweet, my son bought chocolate peanuts last night on his way home from work. They're staring at me unopened on the table. So tempting 😂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance