Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hi @Determined.

I've had my first cuppa... feeling kind of due for a second one!
Have adjusted to Silly Time better than expected, but unfortunaltely the reason is that I've been waking up before dawn regularly anyway. Meh...

Although the upside of that is Dawn Chorus. This morning was mostly magpies caroling, with a background of twittery birds and chuckling chookies.

D1013_234_023_0004_600.jpg

Hi @Micky1 

This is a sort-of virtual coffee shop on the Carers side of the forums where you can meet other carers.  From here we get to know each other a little, and those with shared experiences help you find your way around to threads that are pertinent to why you are here, to hopefully help to support and encourage you.

Please feel free to ask questions to help you find your way around.

The Sane Home page has links to the Lived Experience and Carers sides of the forums, and there is a starter menu for each one, divided under topic headings.  Hot Chocolate Anyone ? is found under the Socail Spaces heading, as are other interest based threads, because sometimes we need a time out amongst people with similar interests ......

Other headings include Our Stories, where if you type a word or two into the Search bar, the site will offer thread suggestions with those words in the Subject title.

See how you go.  We are here to help you as well as listen when you need to talk, or respond if you want to simply chat with someone who really hears what is hurting.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Micky1 👋

Thank you for your support and kind words I have removed myself from further communication from my partner for now as I know he is receiving support from his family

hello

Are you finding ways to look after yourself during this difficult time @Micky1 ?  Self-care is a critical part of the carer role, whether you are directly caring, or whether its involving someone you love going through a difficult time.

Hello @Micky1 Smiley Very Happy

Thank you yes it is a very difficult time I have called a good friend and am finding this forum a good support. It is good to not feel so alone during this process I am grateful

Hello

Hi @Micky1  and welcome.

Hi also everyone else who is around. 

@Smc  love that morning chorus. We get that so much more around our new home despite moving from rural setting  to suburbia due to different vegitation type in our new environment. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance