Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Yeah what @TAB said

Morning all

Morning @MDT 

..Disability Employment Service @MDT 

Morning @MDT. I hope you are ok at work today. Have you thought of using crystals to improve your situation at work?

To believe in them youve got to understand how they work - its not woo-woo. They emit energy in your aura to improve outcomes. I wish I got into them years ago but thought it was a load of rubbish like most people

I would suggest sodalite for group cohesion, red garnet for stopping rumours and black tourmaline to protect from negative energy.

work mon to wednesday @SmilingGecko
so nah i won't be doing anything related to that today

Pin on COVID -19 in 2020

Hi @Former-Member ,

I have a strong interest in MH Peer Work. However, i know I need to be mentally strong enough before I can take on these positions. I know one place who won't take people unless they have been in remission for a number of years (or, have not been in an inpatient unit). This, i totally understand. Peer work can be quite demanding.

Currently, I work in the disability sector as an NDIS service provider. Absolutely love it because it is so rewarding. I work with children and their families.

Lived experience goes a long way. To me, lived experience is sometimes more important than head knowledge.

All the best,

BPDSurvivor

Funny Excuse Quote Witty Manly Typography Quotes Dark T ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @BPDSurvivor I'm still in the early stages of going ahead with the study, as far as I can see the more I learn the more I can use it for myself also going forward. I would love to do something rewarding. When I see myself I like to be happy and helping, so put people in front of me in the environment where my experience would be valued - I see this as something rewarding.

Though when I went for a walk today I see people who can see their whole life behind their eyes, like when they were kids, teenagers, young adults and their current self. For me a part is missing, I'm hoping that while I'm studying I can piece together some of what was lost. In hopes of helping someone else. And what to avoid if needed.

I'm still figuring out myself and need some guidance with friends and family but I don't see this as something which is impossible. So I think a peer worker or something similar would be good for me and the people which I can help.

Thanks for your kind words and perspective and I'm glad you're doing something rewarding. I did get a fair bit of experience in my current career but it's just me going to work, counting hours till I get to go home, sleeping and waking up again imbedded in my mind and that routine needed to change, with the old medication - and my medication change has been beneficial for me too - energy. Which I'm using as fuel for what I want to do next. 

I hope you have a good evening 

itsjustme1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance