Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Faith-and-Hope It is official (well as far as it can be at this time of year) I will not be at the same school next year. There is just not a place available and whilst I expected that I was still holding out a little hope that something would come up - not to be.

I am understandably gutted that that is the case but I also did expect it. It will make the rest of the year difficult - especially until I have an idea of where I will be going. That process I will get underway soon with contacting HR but right now it is the last thing on my mind. Apparently the person whose class I have been on is officially back on class for the last week (apart from the Monday as that is her study day). It is still up in the air as to what I will be doing for the rest of that week - possibly off class helping out with the Acting Principal as both the Principal and assistant Principal are away for the next 2 weeks. I will try to get everything tied up next week with the class but it is one less week in my planning to cover everything - it sucks but it is what it is!

I am babysitting my sister's dog tonight and tomorrow. He is a good boy when he is here so it shouldn't be too much of a drama but it will stop me doing some things - especially as I need to do a lot of marking and organising for next week in order to tie things up in a shorter space of time. Been a shite day all around really with all that school news so feeling pretty deflated tonight. Been a long and difficult week - just seems to be continuing to come. Very much wanting to go to sleep and the world to be different but knowing that will not happen I will find a way through - just hard.

Hello @Faith-and-Hope , @s-jay , @oceangirl , @Zoe7 , @BlueBay , @Former-Member , @Sans911 , @Maggie , , @Gazza75 ,
today smoky kept coming up and touching my leg with his nose Smiley Very Happy

sometimes he gives me a love bite but not today

i picked him up and gave him a cuddle  and he would lay on the bed wanting more pats  xxx

and then when i washed the floor  he would lay on the washed floor , -- ammmmm

we usaully close the house up on our way out , are you coming smoky and off he comes so i can close the outside door Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Zoe7  ..... 💜💐

That is disappointing, but I am also glad that you were braced for it ..... I wonder where your next placement will be ?  You have been so appreciated in this school you will have a glowing reference, and there are some 1/2’s with amazing birdhouses, and special memories of having made them with you.  Special teachers stay with us for life ❣️

Love hearing about Smokey @Shaz51 💕

smoky is cheeky @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , you dont know when he is going to bite or not

but he has never bit me yet and he is 5 yers old now xoo

I have a whole term now not knowing what will be happening but knowing I won't be there anymore @Faith-and-Hope It is going to be difficult to get through knowing all that. Very disappointing but that is my life so have to find a way to deal with it.

How are you?

@Shaz51 Heart

I am tired but okay @Zoe7 .

Do they have an end-of-year concert or something you can get involved in preparations for ?  That could help to move your focus to something positive in the short term, plus help to keep you engaged with the school community. 

If not, perhaps you could request that you help kids across the grades to make Christmas cards ?

Hi @Zoe7 

I’m sorry to read that you won’t be st your school next year 

hugs ❤️❤️

I am not sure what they do at the end of year @Faith-and-Hope A bit numb to it all tonight and maybe should park it up for now and just concentrate on this week.

Not good that you are tired still Hon. Hope you can get some rest over the weekend Heart

Thanks @BlueBay Heart

Oh @Zoe7 even when we expect an outcome in our favour it still hits like a fist to the chest. I'm so sorry this has happened. How devastating for you. I hear the uncertainty too. Here for whenever you need support. 💕 💕 💕 💕 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance