Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sans911 @Bimby2 and others following...

Just a bit overwhelmed with everything this week. Still in pain but saw my GP this afternoon and she has prescribed some stronger pain meds, anti-inflammatories and physio. I can't do hydrotherapy again as it is in work times so will need to access physio after work when I can. Need another tooth seen to as well - have an appointment for Monday but need to change that as I have a meeting. An early morning meeting tomorrow as well - so will need to be there super early. Been very hard to get through such long days with the pain but the kids are the best part of the day. Can't do anymore work tonight - just need to lay down - so this is a hi and goodnight as well Heart

That stray cat (your picture) @Former-Member Looks just like my Minx puss.

Minx puss had to be put down in 2017, due to a nasty degenerative spinal disease - losing her ability to walk.

She was 14 years old. Heart-breaking....

Adge

Aww sorry @Adge

Hope you are better soon amd send
hugs and cheers/

Hi everybody ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ’•

Hugs for the pain you're in @Zoe7, but the beautiful teacher in you is living being with those kids ..... get well soon sweetheart .... ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’•

@Angels333 ..... living that you have prepared your board ..... now what sort of carrot can you wave in front of your own nose to start applying some paint to it .... ๐Ÿ˜ .... go you โฃ๏ธ

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ’• @Former-Member ..... getting there with legals, study and cat ..... wild cat antics are part of having a cat.  They do silly careering around the house at times.  They just do.  And often at ridiculous o'clock in the morning.

Your "stray" is a beautiful looking tuxedo cat ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Sans911 I hope Jasper is even better today.  Thinking of you lots .....

@Bimby2 does your cat do the careering around the house thing ?

@oceangirl I hope all is well with you ....

@Adge its always hard to farewell fur babies.  14 is a good innings ..... but you know that ..... hugs for missing her anyway ๐Ÿพ

Hi to anyone else around.  I am running flat-out at the moment too, so will be a bit absent here and there, but thinking of y'all anyway.

Good morning @Former-Member and may the
day go well for you. Best wishes.
Bimby2.

Good morning @Faith-and-Hope and
wish you a pleasant day. Bimby2.

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sans911 @Adge @Bimby2 and others following along...

I had a better day today pain wise. It certainly helped to be able to sleep last night - the medication helped with that. I was still very sore but being able to lay down helped. Sitting and standing for too long still aggravates my back and causes pain so by the end of the work day it is worse - but nothing I can do about that - just need to push through and get some rest when I get home.

The kids were noisey again but it was productive noise. Our daily plan went out the window pretty early when we found something they enjoyed and continued on with that all day. They made little number finger puppets and are producing plays with them ...definitely a Maths lesson fron left field but they are getting the concepts introduced ...just in a different way. 

I had a meeting with a parent early this morning (before school) but was a little late because Cat decided to disappear on me and I couldn't find her. The little devil was hiding under some old branches but as you could imagine I was panicking for a while until I found her.

I spoke to another parent after school and she said that her daughter is loving being in our class - and she has heard a lot of lovely things about me from other parents ...so that was really nice to hear - certainly gave me a lift when I was in pain and wanted to come home.

I have managed to change my dentist appointment to Wednesday as I have a meeting on Monday. Then I have pdoc on Friday so next week Thursday afternoon will be the only day I can get home at a reasonable hour as Tuesday is a meeting day also. It is going to be a busy couple of weeks so lots of self care needed when I am home. I am trying to get more done in breaks at work so I have less to do at home ...and slowly getting the class sorted out. I am going to stay late tomorrow night to see if I can get that all done - then the weekend will be sorting out groups for next week, marking and planning.

I also have a physio appointment made but could not get in after work for 3 weeks. My physio is only working 2 days a week now and I really do not want to see someone else - especially a male - that is still too triggering for me ...so wait it is. My GP has given me more meds and a repeat script to get through when I need so I don't need to go back to her as regularly - so that frees up some time after work for me too.

Cat is back to the vet for her ultrasound tomorrow and whilst I have faith in the vets there - there is also the risk at her age with anaesthetic - so I will be worried all day about her until I hear from the vet. She will be at the vet for the whole day so I won't leave work until I can pick her up ...last time it was 6pm so that should give me plenty of time to get things done.

I have some assessments that need to be done tonight and sent through to the co-ordinator - most classes were done last week but of course I wasn't there so I am a week behind. Luckily I had the whole class there when I did the testing so all kids are covered. It shouldn't take me too long but will be a relief when it is finished.

Tired, sore and really busy pretty much sums me up right now but I am getting through bit by bit. I hope everyone here is doing the same. Many higs to you all Heart

@Valentine This is the thread I hang out on the most. There are some really wonderful people that 'hang out' here as well @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Adge @Sans911 @Bimby2 @Shaz51 @Snowie (to name a few) so you are welcome to join us here anytime Smiley Very Happy

Good to see you @Zoe7 .... โค๏ธ๐Ÿฆ‹

Still running like mad here with paperwork, so can't stay long, but I will be looking in when I can .....

Hi and welcome @Valentine ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hi to anyone else around .... ๐Ÿ’•

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance