Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Awww @Zoe7 .... hugs for not feeling well.

I have been slowly working on my homework across the afternoon, nothing much else.  

Helped D3 to start her project.  Her behaviour settled, but hat is the best I can expect at the moment, because she is still unwell, feeling crappy, and stressed ..... so if she can keep her temper contained, that’s the best we can do for now.  

When the kids were smaller I could open conversations about their behaviour, and engage both their reasoning and their empathy.  Under the circumstances we have at the moment, trying to do that is an emotional overload.  I have to wait for them to come back to me, which they will or won’t do, but sometimes a change in behaviour is the only forward movement you’re going to get, and that has to be okay.

She got enough work done to soothe herself, then headed back to bed.

I'm off to bed F&H @Faith-and-Hope 

I have a early start in the morning

I will check in sometime during the day- it all depends how I am feeling after surgery. 

Goodnight hon 

Been a go slow day for many of us here today @Faith-and-Hope Plodding along and getting little bits done at a time still gets it done. Just finished the spelling words for the kids for this week and planning is done for tomorrow at least. Have a little time off tomorrow to do some more of it for Tuesday and will finish that off tomorrow night.

I hear your position with D3 - certainly harder when they are older and have the added stress of work and illness. Glad she got some work done and is resting up again though.

Don't think I will be far off bed tonight - very tender and getting sleepy so might be a good idea to at least lay down soon and rest at least. Going to pack some things into the car first so there is less to do in the morning. Have all the books for marking and organising in a box already and some of the craft stuff to take back after sorting out too.

Tomorrow we are planting seeds so will definitely be thinking about you Smiley Very Happy I am not sure I have enough been seeds but I know there are quite a few varieties in a container in the garage so will take them all and get the kids to choose.

When is your assignment due? DO you still have time to get it done more gradually?

It’s good to hear you pacing yourself @Zoe7 ..... I hope resting up helps the pain and discomfort to settle.

Loving that you have got your teacher skates on, and the organisation is all flowing quite naturally.  You’re a gem ❣️

This assignment isn’t due until the end of semester, but there are more assignments coming, and each one introduces new skills .... so if you fall behind, there becomes an awful lot to put together at the end of be semester, and it will become more than some people will be able to achieve by then, because this isn’t our okbot subject, of course.  The workload will stockpile quickly.  

The new work we learned last week was fairly quick and relatively easy, so I (and many others) managed to finish it within the class time.  That means that we have this week to keep going with this assignment before the next one is introduced.

It looks like I will be able to get it done by my next class.

Wow that is fabulous @Faith-and-Hope You are smashing it Hon even though you felt behind for sometime. I love that you are going slowly but so well with it - and you certainly seem to be enjoying the work - so an added bonus. Smiley Very Happy

I do enjoy the planning (most of the time) - it has been all new for me with this grade - not having this grade before so everything has had to be from scratch. I am finding it easy to do though - something I was worried about, I never thought I would go this low with the ages of the kids but the 1/2 team are wonderful and I feel right at home around them. It does help that the planning for each morning is done by one person each week. It was my week last week - which coincided with the assembly presentation as well - so it was a much bigger week than the previous few. That does mean I have no more planning for the entire team or assembly presentations this term which is good.

I am starting to type unrecognisable words lol so should head to bed. My tummy has settles a little again too so that should help with sleep. Toby has been outside for his nightly toilet stop and is spread out on the couch sound asleep ...and Cat is in her room snuggled up on her cushion. She has been sleeping in different places in there this week but she has so many beds or areas to choose from that she could sleep in a different bed every night for a week (or more). Little angel is adorable wherever she sleeps. I'll give her and Toby a cuddle from you tonight - and send some back to you from them ...and me of course.

Hope you get some sleep tonight and you have a great day tomorrow Hon. Goodnight @Faith-and-Hope 😘🌹

Thank you so much @Zoe7  .... 💜🐾🦋💤 .... goodnight.  I hope you sleep well.

You too Hon. Sweet dreams @Faith-and-Hope 😍

Just saw your post too @oceangirl ..... sleep well Hon and all the best with the surgery.  Is it Tuesday ?  Please forgive me if I have the day wrong.  I am not retaining much at the moment .....

Goodnight 💛💤

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope 

I understand hon-you have a lot on your mind. You're amazing mum to your baby dragons. My operation is today-I am here waiting. 💕🌸

Morning

@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Snowie @Shaz51 @BlueBay 🌸💕

I'm just here waiting. Hope you all have a great day. Sending  much love 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance