Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

Hey @Exoplanet  Hap-ea Easter to you my dear friend. How is life treating you? are you okish? I hope there is kindness and caring coming your way. Please stay in touch with us all. You are loved here by so many. Your friend peaxxxHeart

hello and hugs @Exoplanet Heart

@Mazarita  @Sophia1 @eth  @greenpea  @Shaz51  @Faith-and-Hope  @outlander @Zoe7 @CheerBear 

I went into town yesterday, I've been avoiding going in on weekdays but I have an Aunty that writes to me & she actually rang me to ask if I'd recieved the parcel she'd sent. So in I went. I figured seeing as I was going on a weekday, there were a few things I should do. I'd recieved a parking infringment, I didn't get the original ticket; last time I went into the city, about some legal matters, I did think I saw a piece of paper fly off my windscreen.What a stupid place to put a ticket, 1 it was raining, so the ticket would get wet, 2 your not likely to stand outside your car for long in the rain & notice your windscreen & 3 your likely to put your wipers on & said ticket is likely to be wiped off! The other annoying thing is there was nothing where I parked that said it was a pay park spot, no meter, no sign, nothing! Anyhow the price had already gone up & I knew I had to pay it, I had tried to do so online, but the site was so confusing I failed miserably! It had methods of payment printed on the bottom of the page, one of them was my local council so I went there to pay it . . . the local council is shut taking only phone arranged appointments . . . I don't make phone calls. That left me one method, to post a cheque or money order, I don't have a cheque account so my last resort was a money order. I was already flustered/anxious about the fact that I'd recieved a ticket without my knowledge & the anxiety of going into town has risen at least 10 fold with recent events. I didn't know how to go about a money order, but I thought money - bank, so in I went {at least it was open}. Turns out money orders are a post office thing, but the lovely teller there got on her phone/ipad/thingy & did it for me! 🙂 Act of kindness number 1 🙂 I was in town so I was going into the local shop for some fresh food, I normally go in a couple of times a week for meat, fruit & veggies, yoghurt or puddings, fridge stuff as I don't run a fridge; & although I've only dropped that down to once a week, I am noticing the difference. On my recent trips into town I've been getting extra packets of ciggerettes so I didn't have to go in simply because I'd run out of my addictive substance 😉 One time, could be a couple of weeks ago now, I did wonder whether I'd fogotten to pick them up, I knew I'd bought them but didn't remember unpacking them once I'd gotten home. I got confused as when I checked the little bag I keep them in there were 2 packets in it. I eventually decided I must have put them away & forgotten that I'd done so, but a part of me was sure I hadn't. I got quite the fright when the shop keeper came
up to me & said they'd been waiting for me to come back in on their shift! They then apologized for forgetting to pack the smokes into my bag, I was honest & said it was probably me that simply forgot to pick them up. They went & got them, neatly stacked together in an elastic band with the receipt on top, it was the best part of $100! Act of kindness number 2 🙂 Boy my little town is getting more & more foreign every time I go in, for instance the newagent has there front sliding door all but shut & glass panels positioned in such a way that there's just a little square opening at hand height; they've put a table behind the door with the square opening, as a make shift counter, there was a man standing there talking to the newsagent, obviously your not allowed in! You must have to know what you want, ask for it & they go & get it for you? There are notices posted on all the shop windows relating to new rules, like the butchers notice saying if you see 2 people in the shop, please wait outside. The post office was open & your allowed in, when I went up to the counter there was this allien plastic window, again with a little square opening at hand height, between me & the postie. There was a notice saying you had to exit via the back door {a ramp used for the postie to get the parcels in}, instead of handing the parcels over to you at the counter, they now go out a side door onto a table that's been put near the exit & you collect it from there. I got my letter & parcel from my Aunty, she had rung me a couple/few weeks ago & at that time I had run out of toilet paper, I had to use tissues, which was a bit icky because I can't flush them they had to go into a rubbish bin. I'd since gotten a couple of packets of precise poo paper 🙂 My Aunty had sent a huge roll with her letter 🙂 Act of kindness number 3 🙂 My Sister has been keeping in contact with me, she & my Aunty are really the only ones doing so. I'd mentioned to her that I'd taken my last anti-depressant & she rang my doctor to see if I could have a presciption sent to me. Unfortunately there's no way to do that, I would have to go to the next town over {where the doctor is at} to get it. I'm not willing to do that & I'm feeling alright - but still that's act of kindness number 4 & she's going to go into a chemist & get a couple of other non-prescription meds I use {she'll have to put her name on them} & send them to me, act of kindness number 5 🙂 I see a lot of good in this current situation. The amount of times I've been called a pessimist, a black cloud hanging over everything; I always come back with saying I'm a realist, I actually think I'm a optimistic realist 🙂

Love to all that need or want itHeart

Lovely to read your update @Exoplanet and the random acts of kindness you have received from many people. We have found similar in school - so many parents grateful for what we have been doing, parents bringing in flowers anf cards, sending lovely messages, giving money to a local cafe for staff to buy coffee (for those that drink it), chocolates sent in etc. It certainly is in these times that appreciation, care and help is so much needed and despite there being so much worry, concern and ridiculous behaviour (ie hoarding of toilet paper) - we are also seeing the best of humanity. 

An optimistic realist is a great way to describe yourself - I think many of us can relate Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Exoplanet   great to see you.  And lovely to hear about the acts of kindness where you've been on the receiving end.  You deserve them.  Think of you often and very glad to see you being supported.  I am expecting some scripts from my pdoc in the mail - don't want to have a break of any of my meds, there are enough potential mood shift triggers happening in these challenging times.  Hoping they get here soon.  

Take care lovely and stay kind xoxo

Hi @Exoplanet Heart Smiley Happy

Your post from Thursday has me smiling. Wonderful to know that there is some real life community and family care happening for you. There are some beautiful acts of kindness in this time when we are all weathering this sudden big strange world event.

I love that your auntie sent you a big roll of toilet paper, hehe! Also what you said about being an optimistic realist. I think my mum is a bit like that. Perhaps I am an optimistic pessimist, sometimes the other way around. When more manic, more optimistic. When depressed, prone to being taken over by a lot more pessimism. But I am probably a realist in the mix as well. My close friend calls me the voice of reason.

Tonight I have been struggling with a surge of anxiety about everything in the world. I'm also feeling an undertow of dread at the moment, comes and goes in intensity, not easy tonight. I've taken a prn med to help relax. I don't really feel relaxed (do I ever?), but it has helped. 

Love hearing what's happening with you, dear friend. HeartHeartHeart

Random shot I took travelling last year.Random shot I took travelling last year.

Hello my magical MazyHeart @Mazarita 

I've got to admit, when I saw your photo, I thought 'ugh' - I've got
this thing about windows, if I can see the window {or door} then
someone could see me! Weird hey! & when there's a lot of tall
buildings together like that, it feels like I'm closed in, trapped.
Anyhoo, little acts of kindness happen all the time, I think I'm
just noticing them more because of the current events. I'm sorry
to hear about your surge of anxiety, I'm getting surges of sorrow.
None of us know how long we're going to be here, I was planning
a trip, a big one, a full week . . . at the beach. Travelling further
than my body can really go. It could have been a disaster, but
now I don't know if I'll get to find out. I worry about the state
of our health systems, if I was to fall ill, later rather than sooner.
But I'm still glad that I'm home, that the puppies & I can walk
freely around my property because I have a fantastic fence 🙂
I discovered that one of the shops in my little town doesn't
have a limit on long life milk, strange really, because the other
shop has limits on everything. I've been alternating between a
long life milk one day & powdered milk the other. I don't
particularly like powdered milk, I certainly don't make up a
litre, so that I can drink the excess of it at night - I just use a
small teaspoon of it in my cuppas in the morning. I've been
reminded how much I like drinking milk of an evening 😉
I'm not much on cooking, usually if it isn't easy & instant I can't
be bothered. But I'm not paying the best part of $10 for a half
sized loaf of bread {I have to get gluten free} that I don't like,
so I've been perfecting my dampers. I discovered a neat trick.
I decided to wrap a couple of humble spuds in the damper
dough, they turned out quite nice, I noticed the damper was
more moist{not doughy, just not so dry to chew} So the last
ones I made I chopped up a couple of spuds & threw it in the
mix, together with the garlic & onion . . . & a little cheese on
top, . . . they turned out rather well 😄
I have to go into town on a weekday again, it'll be the 3rd week
in a row. I went in the other day to pick up some vitamins I'd
ordered online, send my Aunty a letter & I was going to send
my electric dog clippers away to be sharpened, but after I'd
picked out the right sized padded envelope to send them in &
started writing the address to send them to on said envelope . .
I realized I'd written the address down wrong 😞 I had to buy the
envelope that I'd written on & I'll have to go back in on a week
day, now that I've written the correct address on it, to post it!
The little fella is getting loads of prickles in the hair on his feet
& he won't let me get them out, the only way to do it is to shave
them, though I imagine we'll have a couple of fights between
him, me & a pair of scissors before these clippers return!
I hope your feeling a little more positive today & you can notice
the little acts of kindness that happen all around us everyday,
even those of us that self-isolation is a daily routine 🙂

Lots of love to you Mazy, & everyone that needs or wants it Heart

@eth  @greenpea  @Shaz51  @Zoe7  

Lots of love to you too @Exoplanet   It's always good to see you xx

Lovely to read your update @Exoplanet , sending you lots of love HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance