Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

Hi @Exoplanet    hope you find somewhere beautiful that meets your doggies' needs (and yours too of course).

Beautiful words of support @Sophia1 

Hi again @Mazarita  nice to see you reconnecting here.

Love and best wishes to all of you.

Take care and stay kind xx

Hi @Exoplanet, @Sophia1@eth, and anyone reading,

Thinking you are in a good place at the moment, @Exoplanet. I wonder if you have a sense of how much panic is in the air here where we have denser populations.

Still, I was pleased to see some people walking around at dusk tonight, when C and I were driving to our friends' place. A couple were walking one of their dogs in a pram, the other on a leash.

Dogs are such wonderful creatures, their spirit of play and joy to be found in simple things.

I have been experiencing high anxiety about what's going down in the world. It seems we are all living through a major moment in history.

Sending love and wellness to all.

Mazzy

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

Hearts from me too @Exoplanet @Mazarita @Sophia1  xoxo

Hello Mazzy @Mazarita , @Sophia1 , @Sophia1 , @greenpea , @Shaz51 , @outlander , @Faith-and-Hope  & everyoneHeart

Thank you all for being there. Your like lanterns in the dark, your helping to guide me out of a tunnel.Heart

My local library has shut down, I guess because it's a government
facility. There goes my free entertainment! The local shop & even
the next town over {that has a much larger shop} haven't had toilet
paper for a week or more now. I bought a box of tissues instead.
Everything's got a notice on it saying 'only one per customer'. Seems
to me the shops would be profiting from this pandemic a great deal.
The local shop even has a sign saying 'aggressive behaviour &
arguing with staff over limitations will not be tolerated', At first
I thought - 'typical human behaviour' but then I started thinking of
those that are even further out than I am, that go to town even less
than I do - it's not like they can pop back in the next day to see if
the item's available.
The doctor in my town shut down a while back, not that I went there,
I stopped going when you couldn't make appointments, you
just had to line up & wait. I went to the next town over & had a
female doctor . . . but she left some months back. I went to the one
in the next town over & saw a male doctor the other day & it didn't
turn out to bad. I can recognize my very negitive thought & emotional
processes, I knew I was/am experiencing a very difficult one, perhaps
the most difficult in my life.
I was so glad I didn't have to repeat everything, 'cause the list of
stuff to repeat is getting longer the older I get! He was able to access
my records & prescribe me the anti-depressants & stronger pain
medications that I've been on before. I also asked for a medication
that adjusts your sleep pattern & then enquired whether there was
a cheaper variety of it {as the one I've been on before is over $40}.
He prescribed me an actual sleep medication {plus a script for the
other one} - I've never been allowed actual sleep medication, as
I'm seen as a suicide risk . . . I was very surprised. I'm only taking
a half tablet & intend to stop after I have had a week's solid sleep,
& it does give me a solid sleep. It's only been a few nights, I'm
feeling so much better already.
I guess everyone has their own opinions about this pandemic, I
think it's like  flu & like all virus's the elderly, the sick &
the frail are vunerable. I think the reason it's such a panic in our
country, is perhaps this is the first time such a virus has entered .
. . Australia isn't as isolated as it once was.

Love to all that need or want it Heart

💜💕 @Exoplanet  ....

Hi and Hearts from me too @Exoplanet   Excellent to hear you found a Dr that you are able to work well with and who actually listens to you.  Great that you're getting some much needed good sleeps.  I still wake up and get up several times every night tho' I'm also on a heavier sleep med currently.  I am sleeping a bit deeper when I do tho' so I'm not as frustrated as I was for a while there.  The difference between 1 hour blocks and 2 hour blocks is amazing.  

@Exoplanet  stay safe sweeheartxxx away from people who are sick please. Keep in touch with pea wont you. Always in my thoughts peaxxx

Hi @Exoplanet,

It all feels pretty unreal to me.

Even the beach walk I did today. It was my first walk on the beach for three months. Hadn't gone out there since I got back from Europe at the end of December, though I'd been wanting to (as crazy as that sounds).

I enjoyed the walk in a way that feels more like a dream than a real experience I had about 12 hours ago. Even not long after I got home, I felt that way. Possibly even when I was there at the shoreline.

Perhaps the most tangible memory is the feel of the ocean on my bare feet. That felt real at the time, and like it really happened in the remembering.

It seems like I'm feeling a lot more of the human world than usual, its moods as a whole. This must be a reflection of my own feelings as well. Mainly there are two...

Wanting to sleep. Actually feeling very sleepy and tired most of the time. Up until about midday today I had slept almost the entire 24 hours previous.

But the night before that I was awake until about 7am. Then followed the marathon sleep. I seem to be finding it impossible to send myself to bed about every third night. At those times I go to bed about first light or dawn.

C and I went and visited our close friend today. It was a short visit, just a coffee and then we were off. We left on purpose at the time her other friend arrived. Better not to have four of us in a small back porch area with a blind drawn down. We have known her friend who arrived for several or more years. We do usually hang out longer with him when he visits her. Today it seemed better to leave.

I'm not sure whether to feel sad about that, or just calm about doing the wisest thing. To be honest, I don't like him that much. Actually, I do like him, perhaps mainly because he loves my friend. I just tend to get a bit nervous and uncomfortable in his company. So I guess it wasn't a huge loss for me personally.

What a meandering story leading nowhere! 

Speaking of pointlessness, here's something that really made me laugh out loud, the pure silliness of it:

https://youtu.be/7fOqE8ToGEY

I'm still learning Spanish on the Duolingo app, and advancing in vocabulary, understanding of the grammar, and ability to read and write it. Also practicing how to speak it. Some of the sounds are tricky for me. I was rocketing through lessons for a while. But over the past week my mind has been preoccupied with what's happening in the world and I haven't been doing it as much. Miles and miles still to go with learning this language. Doesn't matter if I'm not doing it for hours and hours per day (that was how into it I was at the start).

It makes me happy that you see us as lanterns. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Sad that you have lost some entertainment possibilities. Troubling to hear of the people further out having difficulty accessing regular grocery shopping. Good to hear you didn't have to repeat everything at the doctors. Really good to hear that the sleep medication is helping you, and that you already feel better.

Love to you, dear exofriend. ❤️

Love to @greenpea and @eth and @Sophia1. ❤️

Hi to anyone reading. 🙂

Hearts to all here  @Exoplanet @Mazarita @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope @Sophia1  xoxo

I've discovered my daughter is on a very addictive drug. Her eldest boy, who's 13, slipped out and alerted his Aunty. All the children are at there perspective fathers now, I'm glad they're in a safer place. But it seems nothing can be done for my daughter, unless there is proof. Eventually she's going to question why the children aren't coming home. If either of the fathers returns them, knowing she's not caring for them, then CPA can step in . . . then maybe she'll get some help. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance