Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

wow @CheerBear , that really is amazing!!  I really like how you did the black dots with the yellow around them towards the outside of the pattern.

Hi @CheerBear @Maggie @outlander @Teej @saturnzoon ,

Please welcome @FigBell0917 when you can.  Fig this is a craft thread with lots of friendly and talented people share some of their hobbies and artwork.  Maggie is spreading the world of dotting to some of us LOL 🙂

Thank you @Gazza75 🙂 I think I just read on another thread you were going to try some canvas dots. Hope it's fun!

Hi and nice to meet you @FigBell0917 👋🙂 Are you someone who enjoys craft/art? Hope you're finding your way around OK. Looking forward to seeing you around 🙂

welcome @FigBell0917 👋

Hi @CheerBear , I'm hoping to do something on canvas when I can.  Do you put more than one coat on it before you start?  What is the thing you add to stop the dots disapearing.  I'd be frustrated if that happened lol 🙂

Sorry for slow reply.  I had another look at your last effort, i especially like the 2nd photo that shows the detail and how perfect everything is.  I can't believe your new to it lol 🙂

Hey @Gazza75. I have been using black gesso on the canvas. Just one coat is doing it for me.

I'm really not a billion percent sure of any of this stuff but the disappearing paint seemed to be due to the transparency of the colour/type of paint as well as the way they were naturally changing when they dried. Adding a little white helped with one that was fading into dullness that I wanted bright. It's a bit trial and error though. I've just started a new one tonight and had two reds I wanted to choose from. I did a dot of each on the black canvas and let them dry (knowing I can paint over oopsies and test dots with black later). One faded into nothingness and one stayed bright so I'm glad I checked. I even added a glossy medium thingy to the red that faded to see if it would help and it didn't really. It might be worth testing a couple before hand.

Looking forward to hearing how you go with it. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks so much @CheerBear .  I'll definitely keep you posted on my progress.  I enjoy experimenting with things so I'm really looking forward to it.

hey everyone
has anyone tried diamond painting before? its come up on one of the crafty fb pages i follow and it looks pretty cool. just wondered if anyones tried it before?

Hey all.

Did you have a go at dotting @Gazza75? I'm now trying to work out how to make some of my colours thicker so they don't show the black underneath while being the right consistency to make nicely shaped dots 🤔 Tricky. I also need to practice the tiny dots as mine aren't even and are making me grrr a bit! I've started a new square canvas this time in bright orange, red, yellow and blue. I'm enjoying the way it's growing.

@outlander a few people I know from school do diamond painting and love it. They say it's a great time out for them and something they can pick up and put down easy enough. It might be a fun and nice thing to try 🙂

Hi @CheerBear , I'm hoping to make a start this week.  Have a few urgent things I need to get done so not sure I'll have the time for a few days.  Need to pickup some supplies as well.  Nice to hear you are starting a new project.  I had more success with the smaller dots than bigger ones when I tried doing something.  

@outlander, I stumbled across diamond painting a week or two ago, it looks pretty darn cool to Me 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance