Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Hi @BlueBay @outlander and all 👋

Thanks for your comment re the fluid art @outlander 🙂 I went to bed dreaming of paint last night 😆

Awesome to hear you've finished your squares @BlueBay . There are heaps of ways to join them. I'm not very experienced with granny squares but have tried a couple of ways to join that you could look at. 

You could sew them together like this

IMG_1761.jpg

The link for that is here

You could also crochet them together like this

8586435397_b97bfc0324_z.jpg

You can find a tutorial for that here

Or crochet them together like this

6a00e551101c5488340112793a504128a4-500wi.jpg

Which you can find instructions for here

I've stitched 2 and a half blankets of granny squares together using a version of each of them above. I think the first and second styles are easier and would recommend either depending on whether you prefer sewing or crochet I think.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to seeing it if you share 🙂

Thankyou so much @CheerBear ❤️

You're welcome @BlueBay. Good luck with it 😊

@CheerBear how's your blanket coming along? Can you share an update pic?

Hey @outlander 🙂 I haven't had much time with my blanket lately but will hopefully squeeze some in soon (this afternoon is the plan 🤞). It's annoying me as there is SO much piecing together! I should have stitched them together rather than tried the 'join-as-you-go' method as it doesn't work if the squares are different sizes 😏 Lesson learned the hard way!

I'll share a pic when it is all pieced together 🙂 How's yours going?

Sounds good @CheerBear looking forward to see it but no rush either.
I'm quarter way though the 4th yarncake now. Just this one and one other then it's finished.

Hi @outlander @CheerBear @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Hope4me  I have been making a blocked stitched blanket for a queen bed but I'm not good at matching colours, in the picture could you guys let me know what you think and suggestions on what colours would be better as the red and purple i first used, i dont think works with the rest.20190409_172522.jpg

Hi @saturnzoon. That's such an interesting stitch! I haven't seen that used often.

I think I'd go something bright next as the last two are quite dark. Or perhaps try and tie in the pink and purple by using one of them with one of the other colours you've used maybe. I really like the blues in the last rows 😊

Are you enjoying working on it?

Nice colours @saturnzoon

Are you wanting a pattern of the colours youve done so far ? If not maybe something like a green and purple or pink and green or 2 shades of green like youve done with the blue

Nice to see you pop up @Hope4me
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance