Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

I think it looks great @outlander 🙂

I can't remember what I used over the top. Maybe a varnish or lacquer though. I took a pic to show you (tagging you also @Shaz51 )

2005.jpg

743.jpg

I love looking at them up close. I'd like to do more but it is a pretty pricey hobby (I think). Awesome to hear you enjoy it! It's seriously fun 😁

It is rather pricey so I don't do it to much but I tend to buy paints and canvases and save them up and spend a day or 2 doing them @CheerBear crochet is a good substitute for cheaper things!

Will wait for your pic

That's a great idea @outlander. I think you need a space for them to set and dry too, that is still and dust free? With the kids and the cats, I'm not sure anywhere is safe in this house 😆 Tempting though. Verrrry tempting 🤔

Do you use lots of colours or stick with a few? If I could do it again I think I'd go full rainbow bright colour mash style!

Yes a clean space too @CheerBear so cause I do it outside it also has to be suitable weather. I then take up the lounge room with 2 tables 😂😂 so the paintings can take the required time to dry before varnishing. I'm cleaning the spare room abit though so I think I can put them in their the next time I do it.

I tend to just do 2/4 colours per painting but I generally have around 10 colours to mix and match with

Love that you have it in the lounge room on two tables @outlander haha! I wonder if the kids would mind if I turned the playroom into an art and craft room (for myself 😆)?

Would love to see some of yours if you can/would like to share some time ❤

Haha @CheerBear I'm not sure about that and I think rocket might try to help by leaving paw prints in your work lol.

I'll see if I can find some when I get my computer back from repairs.

Oh my gosh @CheerBear I can see your artwork. Wow!! It's so pretty! You should do it more often! Take over your loungeroom if you must 😏

Hi @outlander @CheerBear 

ive finished all the squares.  Now to join them - I need help. How do you do it? 

Ooh cool @BlueBay
I haven't joined squares before so @CheerBear might be better help here. Maybe have a look on YouTube at granny square joining techniques. If you watch a few and see which one you like or think you could do then go from there?

Ok thanks @outlander  ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance