Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

hello and Hugs @outlander , @CheerBear , @Judi9877 , @Gazza75 Heart

thank you my @saturnzoon Heart

Hi @Shaz51 @CheerBear @outlander @saturnzoon @Gazza75 

and everyone here. I’m sorry if I’ve forgotten you- it wasn’t intentional as I’m still learning this forum thing! 

I’m up early knitting a second beanie- this time it’s like a brownish green colour that my housemates mum gave me and it’s leftover stuff from Bendigo Woollen Mills in the form of a whole 200g ball. I did the cast on and 10 rows of rib last night plus 3 rows for the main section and now I’m working on more of it. I hope to get it finished in the next few days! I finished my first beanie but I’m yet to sew it up which I have plans to do later today. The beanies are for charity which is why I love doing it and only take 75g of wool so it’s not much and I try and use my leftover 100g balls to make colourful ones to donate. I don’t get to see the recipients but I know through a monthly email newsletter that they go to homelessness people and other disadvantaged people in society who love and treasure them so it makes me feel like I’m doing something good. It’s also good for my mental health so it’s a win/win for everyone😊!

I told my neighbor whose expecting a little one in January that I finished knitting the teddy bear that I posted and she wants to see it but that led to me having an idea that I should also knit her new one a teddy bear as well as a blanket in mint green, lemon and white- she chose the colours as she didn’t want to tell me the gender of the little one except to say ‘no pink!’ . Hello, a trip to Spotlight took place as they are having a sale on yarn as of yesterday for an extra ball of lemon, white and mint green to get the balls! Looks like I’ll be busy now! 

Enough of me! I’m loving hearing what everyone is doing in the world of craft so keep it up! You’re all so talented☺️👍! I’m planning to head to the Royal Melbourne Show and one of the first things in my list will be the arts and craft pavilion to check out the things on display. It helps that Spotlight is doing a free make and create thing so hopefully I’ll get some more ideas! I find that I get more enjoyment out of that than I do the rides although I will probably get the traditional Bertie Beetle showbag just for memories sake! 

Gave fun being creative in all of your wonderful endeavours. I look forward to seeing updates and will try and post soon!

@Judi9877  You are up & at it early.👍👍

I like the sound of your beanies, and the teddy for new arrival, not here yet, is a lovely idea. The royal Melbourne show craft stall, I image, would be a sight for crafters eyes. I hope you give us a rundown when you can. Umm a spotlight sale. 😁😁😁👍👍👍

I painted a few coasters. The red one didn’t quite land in the middle 😁😩 but hopefully, someone will still take a liking to it. Hope your day goes well, you’ve started on a very positive note. I’m sitting in bed with a coffee, frosty outside, so moving slowly. 😁😁90858B9B-F6B7-4310-8F11-FD867E21D7B0.jpeg

Good Morning @Maggie @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @CheerBear @outlander 

I really enjoyed reading about your update and activites @Judi9877 .  Inspirational.  Hope you can share a picture of your beanie when you have finished putting it together.  It's such a wonderful thing you are doing and I'm glad you feel good doing it for people that will really appreciate them.  Good on you.  🙂

@Maggie, love the new dots / coasters?  Are these the ones you did on the weekend or one of your stashes?

Heres my next few paintings I will be working on soon.  2 of them are pretty big and also I'll be trying to do some square ones rather than round.  Starting with the smallest one first.  It's not in the picture, but, I'll share when I've done a  bit more.  Its a picture of a wave, but, it might be a bit little to look good.  

newcollection.jpg

Don't worry i took care of the choc biscuits shortly after 😉

Just wondering if anyone has done anything with Polymer clay before?  I'm thinking about trying to make some pens for my diamond painting.  I've seen some videos where they drop the clay through this little machine to flatten it out.  Wondering if I can just do that with a rolling pin or my hands.  The pens are a little thin and the idea is the clay fattens them up and makes them more comfortable to work with.  They also look pretty cool.  

pen.jpg

😯😯 @Gazza75  to all those new goodies you are getting into. 👍👍

Never done polyclay, but it looks very interesting. 

Yes, I did do those coasters with my lady on Sunday pm. 💜💕💜

Hey @Maggie .

I'm pretty excited about all the new paintings I have.  🙂

Here's a video of the pen making  process.  The music is a bit annoying. (sorry)  You might be able to use it for some of your dotting tools?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAETYPm47WE

At about 1m 55 she put's it through a machine to flatten it out.  The clays are fairly cheap I think about $4-6 in all kinds of colours and the 'machine' thing is about $30.  Just wondered if I could get by without it for now.  🙂

Your coasters are super doopa Maggie, I don't think I'd be putting my tea or coffee on them though!! HeartHeart

I’ll be back to have a listen @Gazza75 

beautiful @Maggie

looks like you've got enough projects to keep you going for a while @Gazza75
I haven't worked with clay before but maybe @Faith-and-Hope has, shes usually pretty handy with these things

@outlander, yep for sure I'm goinmg to busy.  Some of them are going to take weeks or months to complete 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance