Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Thank you @BlueBay ❤ I think they're very happy looking squares 😁

I think they are easy enough to make if you have the basics of crochet down. They're a beginner pattern as they only use two stitches (double crochet and chain).

I know you knit and think you crochet too? I'll find a YouTube video that might help if you'd like. @outlander is also working on (and doing so well at) this one - Granny stitch and Granny squares! She might be able to give some tips too 🙂

I'll post the video a bit later tonight and if you do try it or hav any questions please shout out. Happy to help if I can 😊

Thankyou @CheerBear

hi @outlander  how is your crochet going? 

BB xx

Hey @BlueBay 👋

I meant to post this last night but forgot - Granny square tutorial. I had a flick through it and seems pretty clear and slow enough to follow along with if you're new to making them. 

I always find the start the hardest part so if you do try and you find yourself a bit muddled, know it will get easier!

Hope that helps and let us know how you go if you try 🙂

Thankyou @CheerBear xx

@CheerBear  sorry for being so slow in responding. This is an update  though they look better in life. Broken cameras suck. Ive finished all 16 of the 6 rounds. I decided to add in a green and yellow to the colour mix. 

How are yours going? Have you got a pic you can share of your new ones? 

2019-02-22 08.26.51.jpg

2019-02-22 08.31.04.jpg

@BlueBay how are you going with crocheting?

You don't have to be sorry @outlander 🙂

They look great! I love that you added in the other colours too. I think they look fab with different colours. I really like the pink and white one in the top photo - the white looks like hearts. That's a shame about your camera 😏

I made a bag of 4's (which for me are 3's because I've left the last round for joining). I have slowly been turning my 4's into 6's, then into 8's etc. I've finished the 12, 10 and 8 round squares and I think I have 6 of the 6's now. I'm getting there! I'll leave the 2's and make them as I join because they don't take long to do. I'm really looking forward to piecing it together now 😁

I'll grab a pic before I head out today.

Love that we're doing this togetherish ❤Excited that @BlueBay might be joining us in the Granny Square making mission also 😉😊

Here's the latest pic of my bright bold collection @outlander 🙂

201918.jpg

Hey @outlander  I tried with the big chunky wool I have but it was too thick. So tomorrow I’ll try sgsin with different wool. 

Hope you are well. Xxx

Wow i love them @CheerBear so many pretty colours!
Im.out of pink and purple now so i dnt want to do the bigger ones until i get those that way i can add in all the colours for the 10s and 12s and 8s

The camera is super annoying but its going to cost 200 to fix so thatll be the next thing on the list after the weekend as i need my camera lol.

Sounds like a good plan. I found 8ply is pretty easy to handle if you have some of that... @BlueBay
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance