Skip to main content

Re: Craft Corner

Hugs @Rubyrose1 ,

At least you have us 🙂

My family are interstate. I haven't heard or spoken to them in over a year. I think we only speak once a year.

I used to hate Christmas and NY. I spend most of them in hospital.

Nowadays, I plan things for myself. Things that will be helpful for my recovery.

@tyme  since going no contact at times it feels like a huge weight has been lifted and I’ve been able to start painting more and return to some of my other creative things but some days I really struggle even to get off the couch , I get stuck thinking about anything and everything, social mead is has become a real trap for me lately as well cos it numbs everything . Anyway here are some of my recent paintings, I’m just learning as I go 

84FFE083-F0B4-482E-B049-4CF255745D9D.jpeg

64CA7AB5-F4D2-4DD1-99E3-2C590EB80265.jpeg

7D020590-01EB-48DB-9026-C217B1429F21.jpeg

E3523E3F-C083-418D-9620-B74C9E282FC9.jpeg

2B1D64FD-BAF0-423B-99A1-DAF00DC996CF.jpeg

CC987EF3-32BC-4BB0-B519-B0E2623D422F.jpeg

12CADDF7-A17A-458E-83C9-3DA3FF36A9C8.jpeg

Yea, social med can really be a trap @Rubyrose1 . I'm not even signed up to them. Not worth my time or energy.

As for the paintings, lovely! Is it watercolour on recycled paper or something? 

@@Tyne they are water colours on Cotten rag paper 

• Hello @Rubyrose1 nice to meet you 😊 I love your paintings of the countryside, you are very talented.
  • My father used to paint outside scene's all the time  as well when he was here.
  • using  cotton rag paper sound's pretty hard, it's good when we find things that we enjoy to occupy our minds.
  •  
  • I try and crocheting and diamond art when I can, I have had to cut-down a  lot from doing it everyday for hours as I have double vision now and can't see what I'm doing  properly close up and  miss holes or stitches and then I ĝet angry with myself. 
  •  
  • @tyme @CheerBear I have not been on this thread for a couple of years forgot it
  •  

Sorry about the dots at the front of messages don't know what I did or how to stop it lol

 Hey @saturnzoon ,

Good to see you. I can see how frustrated you can get from missing holes in cross stitch.

Hang on, I’m sure you can get a stand up magnifying glass. Why should you be deprived of something you enjoy? Also, do you know why you have double vision? I know someone who had double vision. After getting all the checks, all they needed was special glasses. 

IMG_9209.jpeg

1000015406.jpg

 I'm teaching myself to draw...

Way to go @Reeree 😊

Hello @tyme , @saturnzoon , @Rubyrose1 

Hey @Reeree ! Awesome! Your drawing made me smile 🙂 Love it!

Any other drawings you have to share?