Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

@Lee82 

Sort of. I dont do the powder stuff. Made with big dollop of old yoghurt and milk and  slow brewing for 10 hours.  Mainly extends it but by a lot.

Smiley Happy

I just read some of your other posts and saw you are mum of 2 beautiful boys.

Heart

I related to the "dirty little secret". As in it was decades before I admitted my own self harm.  I spent a lot of time trying to talk my brother and sister down.  sigh.

Trying to practise what I preach and find ways of self care.  I decided a few weeks ago to buy a yoghurt maker and pressure cooker and learn more about all that stuff.  In my 20s made yoghurt with a tea towel over a bowl sitting out in the sun. This does make it better.

I am dealing with empty nest and trying not go stir crazy but calmly putting in little positive habits.

@Shaz51 @Maggie @Former-Member @outlander 

Wow that is fantastic @Appleblossom. Very impressed! 
yes I have 2 boys aged 8 and 12. They are my everything and the sole reason I am here, 

Here on the forum is the first time I have admitted my dirty little secret besides telling my psych. It has been my secret for 5 years. I have had big periods where I was able to stop however it has become a daily thing at the moment and I can't seem to stop. 
So amazing to hear you are keeping active and trying news things. That is very inspirational. 💜💙💚💛🧡

Being active and practical is my best way of handling the bad stuff.

Smiley Happy

@Lee82 

That is a beautiful age for young boys ... gradually growing into young men.

Heart

@outlandersis ❤

Am around if you need to talk or just sit

Yea I can see the benefits of being active @Appleblossom it's getting the motivation to start being active I struggle with. Especially on days like today. Brings up a lot of past memories. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey friend, working on my Disney puzzle most of the day. What about you?

thanks for checking in @Lee82 

Ooooh I am pretty sloooow to start most mornings.  I often completely miss them.  lol

Smiley Embarassed

@Lee82 

but when I can get moving and doing I am more cheerful within myself.

Smiley Happy

That is great to hear @Former-Member. 😊which Disney movie is it? 

If I could I would miss the mornings too @Appleblossom as I am usually up til around 4 or 5 in the morning but my 8 year old is an early riser and always comes and wakes me up. The weekends I don't have the boys I sleep most of the day. Need to recharge the batteries. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

It's a mixed one with lots of little scenes from a Disney movie @Lee82  its driving me nuts 😂 

How has your afternoon been lovely 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance