Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Thankfully no major fires. A few small local fires here and there but quickly extinguished. Still have to get through tonight though.

Went and seen psychiatrist. 15 minute appointment to be told that hes not adjusting medications adding any etc until ive basically given up being a carer. While ever im a carer i wont improve. See him in feb and hope things have a changed or im not better  mentally then hes going ahead with treatment resistant. 

You're such a smart, thoughtful and caring person @outlander. For someone so young you sure have wisdom beyond your years. You often know exactly what and how to say things. Thank you for getting it (most of the time).

My psychologist's practice rang me yesterday to book an appointment but I missed the call. When I rang back, I couldn't speak with my pyschologist as she was in a session. The woman I spoke to offered to set me up with an appointment, but I wanted to speak to my pyschologist directly. So, has she returned my call or sent me an email? NO!! She works until 9pm so it's not like she hasn't had time. This is really getting to me. I'm so close to loosing control. That is a scary place for me to be.

@outlander @Sans911 . Reading when I can. Sending these πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ and much understanding, listening in the background.

@Molliex  πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Thanks @Maggie πŸ’•πŸ’•

Thanks @Maggie ❀❀

Thanks @Sans911 πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Im frustrated for you and very dissapointed in the treatment your recieving from your psychologist. I wonder who answered her phone though if she doesnt have a receptionist πŸ€”

Loosing control is a scary place to be in. A place that is usually helped prevent by being heard and actually responded to by those your trying to contact. Your mental health is the most important thing and this situation isnt helping. Perhaps it might be a good idea to have a look at other psychs. I know its really not ideal but with the increasing distress and likely tension as well a clean slate might be an ok option..
Or would making an appointment time and using then to discuss things be something youd be ok with?

That is a scary place to be @Sans911 

You would think she could have at least sent an email - what a rotten thing to happen when you feel you are close to losing control. And she works until 9.00pm - yes - you would think she had the time but apparently not

Are you in such a position to see someone else? I know people in rural areas have a real scarcity of help locally - Can you ring back today and try again?

I suggest you ring Life Line and see if that can ease your situation - you know the number I guess but anyway it's 13 11 14 - I find it useful to ring during the day when they are not as busy

Otherwise - can you share here - I don't know you all that well but I hear you

Dec

@outlander @Owlunar

Thanks for your response. @Owlunar I live in the city but finding another pyschologist who bulk bills is extremely difficult. I don't work so I can't afford to pay the gap or private rates. And I want to give my current one a chance to rectify things before I make the upheaval to a new one. I really don't think I could start again. I just want to start with one pyschologist and stay with them. I've had about 10 different clinicians in the Iast 4 years. I'm so incredibly dissapointed.

@outlander my pyschologist has a small practice that has one to two other pyschologists. So that's who answered the phone. And who rang me prior to my return call to book an appointment. My pyschologist usually calls me herself so I can't help but feeling she doesn't want to deal with me unless she has too.

Right now I have to keep myself busy to stay safe. That's all I can do

oh I see @Sans911 that makes sense

Keeping busy to stay safe sounds like a good plan. What are you up to today?

πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹β˜•β˜• @Former-Member @Maggie @Owlunar @Molliex @CheerBear @Gazza75 and all passing through

I hear you @Sans911  - it's good stay with the same therapist rather than start again if it's working for us - maybe this psychogist didn't get the message in time or at all - but that's tough on you

And if she bulk-bills that is a plus for you - the gap is too much for most people - and there are only a few visits per year as well - it must be terribly difficult for people on a limited budget - it seems very unfair to me

It might feel as if she doesn't want to deal with you - having her not ring back when you are having a crisis must make it feel like that. I would wait until I calmed down about it and then ask if this was still the way I was feeling - things can feel really bad when people don't get back to us

And stay safe - that's the most important thing - I hope you got some sleep last night and that things were easier when you woke up - I hope it does work out for you

All the best

Dec

Just bringing convo over to here @Former-Member

Yes he is a volunteer. They sent up quite a few people from our area and surrounds. All met at a spot then caught planes etc together to their areas. The last i heard NZ was actually sending over firefighters as well.
I think they are abit more controlled for now thankfully but yes i think your right. Those fires will continue to burn for a while yet. Such destruction, one that i hope wasnt deliberatly lit. I wonder if they will name this fire event like they done with black friday.

Pain is still there, its just this constant pain but likes to make itself known just when i think its settling like tonight. Nerve stuff still hasnt gotten any better. Becomes quite distressing at times.
5 weeks on and i still sometimes struggle to have scrambled eggs. I still have them and soups with vegies (as long as they are soft now) i just have small amounts as even chewing those can mke things quite painful again. I see surgeon in the coming days now so will be able to see what the next step is now since ahe said wait a month and see if it settles itself down. Itll be nearly 6 weeks when i see the surgeon.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance