Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Oh i hadn't realised your course was so big @Sans911 i thought it was just a short course.
Sometimes even being organised it still doesnt go to plan. Youll get there though. Hopefully tomorrow wil be productive study day

Yes, at least theres a diagnosis even if family and him arent happy about it. Its hard to balance out what ia best for him and what he does/doesnt want to do.

Hopefully things settle quickly. I really hope it doesnt take 7 weeks for these ones to dissolve. Its not the stitches themselves. Its the dangling bits. The best way i can describe it is like eating a corn cob nd get the stringy bits stuck in your teeth. I have several of those only i cant just pull those ones out lol. With the dissolvable ones though dont they like become part of your skin well the parts that dont break off anyway.?

Yes, my course is big @outlander. It's a post graduate university degree.

Yeah, I think that's how dissovable stitches work. Can't be a very nice feeling when you are constantly reminded of them.

Getting a diagnosis of a serious, potentially terminal illness rarely sits well with most people. While he still might be able to state his needs and desires atm there will come a time when you have to determine what's best for him. He and the rest of the family might struggle to understand why you might make certain decisions but you know him better than anyone so you will be able to make those decisions with confidence.

Thanks for the vote of confidence @Sans911
Yeah im just acknowledging others feelings. They need to process it their own way just wishing it wasnt me they take it out on.
Im sure itll be fine just keep learning to cope with whatever challanges pop up.

How is Jasper and Mr A going? Are they still enjoying going outside?

💜💜

Mr A is cleaning himself at the end of the bed and Jasper has just gone to sleep on the other side of the bed. Yes, I put them out as much as I can but I'll have to soon limit Jasper as he has a pink nose. Jasper was a little sick tonight but ate his dinner. It's still quite warm here tonight and a little windy.

@outlander

Aw im sorry Jasper was sick, im glad he ate his dinner though. Hopefully he will seem better tomorrow.

Oh yeah best to be careful with his pink nose maybe they need to invent a sunscreen for animals more so cats and dogs. One of our horses is prone to sunburn but we just use human sunscreen if we can get it on.
Do you also have to be mindful of his fair skin too? (if he has it that is but thinking maybe so due to having a pink nose)
I dont know if the sun would affect his skin though since he has fur... @Sans911
Im thinking its going to be a rather hot summer indeed.

He has white fur and pink skin but with cats it is their nose and ears that are most susceptible. I've seen cats with skin cancer and it isn't pretty or comfortable for them.

I'm starting to nod off here so I'll say goodnight now lil Sis @outlander

Goodnight sis @Sans911 😴💜

Hi @outlander  hope you're feeling a bit better today.  Sending lots of love xx

He has white fur and pink skin but with cats it is their nose and ears that are most susceptible. I've seen cats with skin cancer and it isn't pretty or comfortable for them.

I agree @Sans911 

we had one the same colour we called her "snowie" but she loved laying on the nieghbours red roof , was not good xx

hope you're feeling a bit better today @outlander xxxx

Hello and hugs @eth , @Snowie , @Flying_Hams 

im ok enough thanks @Shaz51 @eth
just mostly irritated and frustrated atm.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance