Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

no @Former-Member Heart

from the 20th march no one will be able to claim for sickness benefits through centrelink 

so sad that means we can not apply for sickness benefits a t all

@Shaz51 

I guess life is about making the decisions based on need and responsibility, going out to others in our lives, while managing central health and home based issues.  If there are pets they figure in it, then family, then friends. Anyway thats the way I try to do it.

Look after you and keep in touch with the others, doing what is reasonable, but recognise your own health.  I made the mistake early on, of pushing myself too hard.

Yes I do know that Sickness Benefits are not part of Centrelink.  I used to assess Unemployment, Sickness and Special Benefits (in another life). It was a different Social Services Act, before Newstart and the DSP.  They extended the entitlement and obligation requirements of Newstart, and in some circumstances they request medical certificates, so in that sense it is similar, to the old system.  The benefit rates were always calculated the same and less than pensions.  You really should not have to do work you cannot manage. It was all so long ago, and I am not up with all the latest rules and regulations.  I just hope they give people options, when they need it.

After all the talk of globalisation and inclusion, the real pressure of the coronavirus is making us all confront basic things.  NOw it is about responsible social distancing and minimising transmission of the virus.  I am not stretched as much as I used to be as a child or as a young mum. I just finished last load of son's wash. I can withdraw and pay attention to my cat. 

That seems very unfair @Shaz51  ... surely there is a replacement or alternative option?

very true @Appleblossom , @Former-Member Heart

Thank you @Appleblossom 

you have raised some good points 

hope you have a ok day today xx

hello @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @greenpea@outlander@Mrsjones@Determined@Owlunar@Smc@Faith-and-Hope@Jacques 

we have done some gardening work yesterday and today 

we have done a couple of repairs as well

Mr shaz`s OCD is very high at the moment 

he is up and down with the jobs we are not doing , and want we cant do due to what is happening 

I would be tuning out @Shaz51 self care

... the whole separate egos and what is love and care and work and what is codependent enmeshed thingy.

@Appleblossom  i would too my friend 

mr shaz needs to do something , even if it is a little bit xx

@Shaz51 

Hopefully some of the tips on the LE side might give the swashbuckler some coping mechanisms.

Checking in @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance