Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Hugs @Shaz51

thank you my sister @outlander, maybe D! can change his mind ,but I don`t think sooo xx

@Former-Memberfeeling soo had it, sooo tired , soooo over it , sorry xxx

with Mr shaz  and Di awwwwwww, and then ther is my SIL , S1 , S2, S3 who are on my side - think I should go to bed @outlander, @Appleblossom, @Owlunar, @Determined, @Adge, @Faith-and-Hope, @PeppiPatty, @Jacques, @Former-Member , @Janiee

Sitting with you, supporting you @Shaz51, caring for someone with a mental illness is a lot of hard work, pet alone all the other life's problems, please put yourself first sometimes, we can't do everything we want, sometimes there is compromises.

Gentle hugs my friend. You are in my thoughts

Jacques

thank you @Jacques, I can feel your love and care my friend , stay with me xooxox

im here if you need to talk, you have helped me through so so much i would be honored to helping you a little.

can your family help out caring for your mum, so you don't carry all the burden? have you looked into the NDIS for help for your mum? and mr shaz?

Hi @Shaz51

I hope you got a good sleep last night - you have so much on your shoulders - I wonder how often all these other people - including your Mum and Mr Shaz - realise how hard all this is for you and your own health is not good - I have thought about it since I learned you only have one kidney and that one isn't working that well

Though you know it I feel I need to remind you to put yourself first at times even though I also think that the moment you have a moment to yourself someone grabs it. I am sure you care for your health more than most people - it can't be easy

We are having a thunderstorm here and I think I will have to get off-line soon and it sounds like a storm worth having - the humidity is very high too

I have used several taxis this week and isn't it a strange thing? We all know what the weather is like but we keep telling each other - if I decide not to tell the taxi driver what the weather is like he soons tells me

Take care of yourself Shaz - I think of my Little Family often and hope the weather is not unbearable where you are

Dec

There are hugs for every situationThere are hugs for every situation

@Shaz51  I used to work in an xray practice and I would so often hear blokes (particularly older ones) who came in for their ultrasounds say "But I am not pregnant .."     This might help clarify things for him.

X-rays provide images of the bones and joints. They can show any changes caused by arthritis in the shoulder joint (for example, bone spurs or narrowed joint space) or fractures. However x-rays do not show any changes or problems with the soft tissues such as muscles and tendons. 

Ultrasounds are typically used to investigate the rotator cuff tendon for inflammation, tears or rupture. While it can be a helpful tool to use, and can provide clues to identify the source of your pain, a diagnosis can’t be made using the ultrasound alone. Ultrasound and x-ray together will provide more complete information about the state of the joints and the tendon.

source:  https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/Shoulder-pain

Men can be so pernickety about health issues.  

Can also be a time for inner focus and your own self care. @Shaz51

Heart

How are you today @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance