Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I didn't know you were a nurse @Maggie. How interesting. What sort of nursing did you do?

Nice to see you @Former-Member . 💜💜💜🐾🐾🐾🐶🐶

I did the hospital based nursing training @Sans911. In the LBD years. Nothing like the tech stuff today. Nothing beeped and squeaked, and patients seemed to be in hospital much longer than these days. We did everything back then. It’s foreign to me now, how hospital runs, but it’s progress.

@Maggie - LBD??

I was one of the first university trained. I still have very old fashioned values though of patient care. Yes, lots of machines that beep and squeak, but nothing tells you more than the clinical condition of the patient.

Little Black Dress years @Sans911  Huge embarrassment to me with all the sexual abuse attached to the organisation atm.

I was training when the first university students started. Conflict at the time, for both methods. I trained in the 70s, possibility before you were born, or there about.

I like the old fashioned values, but I can see the progress being beneficial. People are out of hospital so soon now, but it’s working, even if it blows my tiny mind.

@CheerBear  and any other early birds. My first coffee is warm and so good.

I hope your unwell feelings haven’t developed into more @CheerBear . 💙💙Restrictions are easing in your area. I don’t know if that means you can visit well and unwell persons, or if it’s too risky still. But I do hope it means you can have some visitors, it’s a start. School next. 🤞🤞🤞

How was training yesterday? 

I forgot to mention i found a vidie that shows fixing small holes in stones. I have so many lovely stones, but with lots of small  holes. It doesn’t create good dots. Anyway, this looks hopeful. Once I buy the stuff, I’ll keep you posted ,if you are interested.

Good morning everyone 🙂

Just having my first here @Maggie. It's cold which feels good on a sore throat. I have a cold but because it has some of the same symptoms I was tested. We've been asked to if we have even mild symptoms and this way I am sure it's OK when we do get to see our people again. It's a bit frustrating because now I can't leave the house until the results are back and it also means we can't race to see our people, but it'll only be a few more days.

I am glad restrictions at being lifted a little and we can see some people again. I hope people are responsible though. Very frustrating that there is still no news about school except that it will go back before the June holidays. I am anxiously waiting now, and so are my crew (and I imagine all the other parents, teachers and students.

That was a bit of a rave.

Training tomorrow and I am super excited about it, and a bit nervous. I called c-link yesterday to let them know I am now employed (I am still enjoying the sound of that 😁).

I am very interested in how you fix the stones. So far mine have holes only on the bottom and a little around the sides near the bottom. It's not such an issue for me as the bigger issue is I can't actually paint them to any standard I like :face_with_rolling_eyes: Glad you have something to try 🤞My little mission is to find something to make dots into spikes. I think they can look cool sometimes.

How was your yesterday? Did you tackle the rose bush?

Sorry to hear that @CheerBear . Frustrating to say the least. They are getting results back quickly, or so I hear. Feeling unwell and starting work is a rough start. Training tomorrow, I got ahead of myself. ☹️☹️

There were some angry protesters . I feel confused with that, as precaution is necessary. I know work and money is also, but we don’t actually know what we are up against really. I personally felt annoyed, but understood the frustrations too, all tricky.

I can imagine the good feeling contacting c-link. 👍👍👍👍

The stone fixing is for natural stones, not home made. Sorry, I wasn’t communicating very well.

My yesterday was a mess in many ways. I forgot my cleaning help was coming, but eventually got myself sorted. I am still caught in my quick sand. I got so sick of myself, , my dark and twisted thoughts, I played with pain and have a stone and canvas almost finished. At least something felt ok ish ish.

Did you manage any play time?

How does today look.?

It's just a cold @Maggie and I think some over the counter meds will be enough to pick me up with training 🙂 I wanted to look for some tech stuff as I think we'll still be working from home for a few more weeks, but that will have to wait now. Our internet connection isn't the most reliable. Might have to add some extra mobile data and use that with my laptop and tablet if I need to. Another frustration as it is pricey that way, but better to be home than potentially spreading any kind of sickness 👍

I felt annoyed by protesters too. I get how full on it has been and here it has been scary at times to do anything outside the house. The people in power have been flexing their power muscles big and strong and that's no good and has genuinely has had me scared at times. But if it stops similar scenes than we've seen overseas, I'll behave. I saw an awful video of someone being arrested with their young child by their side, screaming and being taken away. Sickening. I see both sides (though not the side where it's OK to tear a child away from a peaceful protester 😑). Tricky, yucky times.

That is SO cool with the natural stone fixing and very much something I would be interested in. Lookong forward to hearing how that goes.

Gosh I forgot it was Monday and therefore cleaning helping day too. That would have been stressful. It's tough to have the dark and twisted turn even darker when it turns on you for having dark and twisted 🙁 It's a double blow that way. I hope it starts feeling less quicksand-ish soon for you ❤ Yay for paint though. Are they going to be shareable?

I didn't have much time for play yesterday. I could have last night but was 🤒 and went to bed early instead. Perhaps today to take my mind away from all the "I can't do this" nerves about starting work. This house really needs a good clean so that's on my to-do today. I have around 6 hours tomorrow so I'd like to get the crew organised with things to keep them busy while I am in my office/bedroom/the quiet time, second lounge room haha, too. Next week is back to back two full days. That'll be a huge challenge especially with them home, so it's good to be able to ease in.

How about your day?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Maggie @CheerBear @Sans911 @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 

🐶🐈💗😀🌺🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance