Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Morning everyone 👋

Early, early start for you @Maggie. I hope furbaby settled.

We will be seeing counsellor and psych at the same time 🙂 And yay for chocolate frogs!

My turn to drop off a cuppa 🙂

Morning @CheerBear 

Yes, she’s sleeping like a baby now. I get told off if I disturb her. Lol.

How is today looking after Psych @CheerBear ?

I might do some more cross stitch. I hope to get it finished this year.🤞🤞

Any yarn coming out soon?🧶🧶🧶

How funny that you can't disturb her but she's up at 2 @Maggie! She sounds like such a boss 😍

I think today will be a good one, hopefully. Try and make Easter weekend fun even though it's a bit sad. Showers tomorrow so I'll have to let crew decide if they want to chalk and have it wash away tomorrow.

I can't remember what your cross stitch looks like?

I don't know about yarn at the moment. Maybe once the kids start at school I'll pull it out. It might be a nice thing to quietly do while they're doing school work.

I’ll add a pic of the cross stitch I’m doing @CheerBear . A very large music note.

She is a boss @CheerBear . But she was so fragile when I got her, seeing the change is so special. She didn’t bark for 6mths. She’s also only bossy about me. Outside, she’s fragile.

Chalk being washed away would be sad, but still fun.

I think the Easter separateness is really hard. It’s like Christmas to many. A time to get together. Sad feels for you. 💙💙💙

2D1BE6EF-6EAA-4CAA-B67C-8E94CE4B4EAE.jpeg

I thought it had something to do with music but couldn't remember for sure @Maggie. I remember now. Can't wait to see it!

It is so special seeing the change with scared creatures once they have some trust and a bond. Mouse is my special little one. She was so timid and scared for a long time. It's taken years to build her trust and now she will curl up with me on my back, lap or in bed and purr. Not always but when she feels like it and she won't sit on others but might get there one day. She doesn't shred us if we pick her up for a moment which is an improvement 😁. She will be in the same room as others, which she didn't do for a long time, and even appear in front of strangers to her (sometimes). I appreciate what it has taken for her to get to here just as I imagine you appreciate what it's taken for your furbaby to make it to boss level 😍

I've over compensated with chocolate and magic for the kids this weekend. Whatever it is that helps it feel close to OK is what I'm OK to do. Chocolate was the least expensive I've seen it for a while yesterday. They're getting mega bunnies now too 😁 It will help but I'm sure all of us would give it all to be with two special people in particular.

Do you have any traditions or ways to mark this Sunday?

Mouse cat sounds beautiful @CheerBear. They do know who to trust, and once they do, they do it completely. It’s a privilege to have these babies in our lives. 🐶🐯

Over compensated with chocolate is understandable under the circumstances @CheerBear. Do the kids to egg collection in the garden? I know two people matter more than anything. I hope you can all reunite sooner, rather than later. That’s really tough with unwell person. ❤️❤️

No, I don’t have any traditional stuff for Sunday. It’s fast becoming just another day, sadly, but that’s life I guess.

The sun is out here. Grey/blue sky. I’m heading to the shower to find some humanity.

I hope today has good in it for you all. 💙💙

Your photo just came through @Maggie. It's beautiful! So, soooo beautiful ❤ An incredible amount of work and patience in it.

The crew will have an egg hunt. They leave a big bowl to collect them all in when they've found them. When they were little I used to grab a handful and re-hide them while they were off looking for more. It was like a never ending hunt. Always funny when they worked out what I was doing 😆 Not sure it will fly this year 🤔😉

I hope your meeting with counsellor goes well and there's some sun in that grey/blue 🌈

Thanks for your words about my psych stuff @CheerBear and @Maggie.
The session went really bad to start with but then greatly improved. I'm still processing it.
I asked about diagnosis and he doesn't want to tell me yet because I'll find the negatives and use them against myself. Accurate, but also sounds to me like "I don't want to tell you about the personality disorder that I think you have." I'm ok with that for now. Curious, but ok.

CheerBear and Maggie - I hope both of your counselor and psych sessions were good.

Also hi @outlander 🙂

Dear @Maggie 

Just had to pop in and say how much I love your stitchwork.

Heart

Hi @TheVorticon 

@CheerBearHa ha enjoy what you can with the littlies. They will be precious memories.

Thinking of you @outlander 

Smiley Happy

I am trying to rethink my approach to this long weekend.  Mostly not pushing anything.  Eating chicken today and will do fish on SUnday, cos thats the way using up the shopping worx best.  Doing a little looking online, but going very gently. Will call son today if he does not call first.

Hugs.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance