Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

You're here @Maggie ! Gig was great thanks. I did the morning then a night one too so I didn't get back to house 2 until after 10:30. Thought of you lots on the drive back

Chemo today. We'll leave around 8:30 I think.

How are you?!! How mega is this! A bazillion questions here (but no pressure!). Did you see it? How was it to get the call? And how are you feeling about it all this morning? I imagine lots going through your mind now and definite brain fry going on!

Thinking you'd be feeling pretty glad to have packed everything!

@CheerBear  Oh, you must be tired. Or a fried brain for different reasons. Chemo today says it all. 💜💜 Its tge last one, hope I have that correct. A huge day ahead for you and your family. Big feels for you.

Well as you know, I found a huge rock to crawl under early yesterday, then the phone rang. Housing here, we have a flat for you to look at. You have 48 hrs to look and decide, preferably today. I made a pathetic excited sound and said something that made a bit of sense. Sent a text to counsellor. Worst day for her as her day was solid packed. Rang a taxi, I hate doing that, but sometimes there’s no other way. Picked up keys, arrived and looked around.

There’s a heat pump, which means no more no heating winters. There seems to be so much room compared to where I am. A nice kitchen. New carpet throughout and freshly painted.

Theres a bottle brush tree, so lots of birdie company. A nice size back yard, not too big. I can grow some Vegs.

Rang kind of friend. She was really helpful. Liked the flat took me back to Housing paid advance rent, picked up keys. Collapsed. Over though everything of course. Still pinching myself.

@Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @eth @Owlunar  Thank you for your well wishes. They mean so much. 💜💜💜

@Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope  you are very much in my thoughts. Missing you both, but understanding deeply. Take care. 💕💕💕💕

I had goosebumps reading this @Maggie for lots of reasons. That's a huge call and huge shock/surprise to have 48 hours and preferably today to make that decision. We had the same thing with housing (decide now) and the stress even though it was a good thing was massive. The adrenaline rush, racing around to get there, hoping, desperation, feeling thankful... such a mixed up one.

How awesome to have heat, a nice kitchen, some room, birds and a tree, and space for veg! This is all so good ❤ Great that kind of friend was helpful too.

Will you have some help moving? Did you get a feel for the safety/neighbourhood etc.? Is it far from kind of friend and the dotting crew?

(Me and my questions sorry!)

Wowzers. Can I come virtually and help you lift boxes and bring you a housewarming gift?! 😊😁

I don’t think there’s anyone I’d want to help more with boxes etc than you @CheerBear , aside from counsellor. Big thanks there.

My counsellor knows someone who has a truck. Hopefully they can help, and the cost won’t be over the top. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

I sat on the floor in the lounge and listened and looked for two hrs. Feeling feels and safely stuff. That massive important. It felt good, really good.

Kind of friend lives 5 mins walk away. Good and bad, but nothing major there.

Not far from dotting crew either, so lessons will continue.

I must admit to thinking thoughts like, they say never do or sign things when you don’t feel well confused etc. that seems to be the only time I ever do. And who wouldn’t be stressed. Some silly thinking out there @CheerBear  

@CheerBear  I forgot to mention the manager here expects me to pay $250 on top of my notice. There’s a few days difference. Hummm, might be a crime about to be committed. 

More goosebumps imagining you sitting on the floor looking and feeling like that @Maggie.

Far out I hear you with the pressure to make big decisions when you are in a state of stress or under pressure. It really does mash your head 🙁 It got to the point with the house we are in now that desperation won and I said yes knowing I had little other choice. I didn't even see this house until signing day and was there only minutes before pen to paper and keys were in my hands. They're what I call impossible choices and they can be really full on. I imagine you probably didn't have a lot of choice really as where you are is not OK. Sounds like this might be a really good place to be heading though. Everything crossed 🤞 Is there space for painting and crafting?

Far out with the $$$! They're going to keep putting that over everything else right until the end by the sound of it 😡 Fully get the crime thoughts.

Can we glitter bomb the grass before you leave? 😁

Yes to the glitter bomb grass @CheerBear  😁😁😁😁

I was just like you apart from having at least seen the flat. If I didn’t take this one for very good reasons, I would go back 6 mths on the waiting list. And things being what they are here, no choice there.

Gosh @CheerBear  not seeing your house before signing, so hard, stressful, impossible.

Life sucks so much without money. A sad truth.

Yes, space for painting and crafting, plus I can sit outside in private, if I want to.

Yes the $$$$$ here are all important, but it’s over.

Theres also a seat out front to sit under a tree. I’ll watch some sunrises and sunsets I hope. I’ll share some with you.

Topup

Theres not much choice there really @Maggie. I was concerned you'd be offered somewhere not OK to move to and it would be an out of the fat and into the fire situation for you, as happens. Have a feeling it would have been a big concern for you too. Those nerves leading up to seeing it, the pondering, tossing up whether it's better to stay or leave... it's all very big.

Outside spaces sound fab! And craft space! I wish we could see it in person (but my imagination is almost as good) ❤ I am very much looking forward to sharing some sunrises and sunsets with you.

Probably a silly question but how's today looking? Will there be any time or space to settle a bit (thinking that will have to be put on hold until you're safely moved in maybe).

@CheerBear  It will be full on I imagine until the move, the clean and handover.

I forgot to share a funny from yesterday. When I walked in I saw a string in each room coming from the ceiling, presumed it was the light switch. It was like that in my younger days. An alarm went off. I walked outside hoping it wasn’t me. A loud knock on the door awhile later. Housing here, you’ve set off the alarm. 😬😬😬🤫🤫🤫 I explained I thought it was the light and he pointed to the obvious switch. Then made light saying I checked for the chain in the toilet. That was a thing back then also, after the drop house outback. 

Everyone knows where I was. 😬😬😬😬

I was big concerned too @CheerBear . There’s some scary stuff happening.

Love these chats. Thanks so much.

I have to head to the shower and start.

Will be thinking of you with your BIG today. Lots of these. 💜💜💜💕💕💕👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance