Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Morning @Maggie Heart Woken early by a little fluffball this morning barking at me - that is very unusual for Toby so of course I was up straight away. Have fed both fur babies and opened the back door for them both so can try to get some more sleep soon. Hope you have some good in your day Hon Heart

@CheerBear Hope you have been enjoying having hot water back CB - it is one of those little things in ilfe that make so much difference to how we get through the day. Hugs and hugs to you, your LF and all the puddy tats Heart

@Gazza75 Hope there is good in your day too mate. Enjoy this Sunday before the dreaded heading back to work tomorrow Heart

I know you will be getting and giving extra cuddles @Zoe7 🐶😻 ❤️❤️  Hope you get some more sleep.

I’m off to our morning tree visit. ❤️❤️

Tobes has had his outside visit and is snuggled up back on the couch @Maggie Cat is outside aitting in the garden ...looking so peaceful. I am definitely feeling the effects of lack of sleep over the last few nights. Have had plenty of daytime naps but it is not the same as a good night's sleep. Going to snuggle up on the cuch with Tobes and see if I can get a couple more hours this morning. Love to you and little Mags Heart

Morning all. A day away from the forum can feel like a week to me. Not sure if anyone else feels the same. I find it funny.

I missed early morning coffee here. I was sound asleep yesterday morning after the most sleep I've had in a long time. I crashed big time so it was so good to sleep a bit and it helped.

We went to well and unwell people's house yesterday morning and most of us spent the afternoon crafting. We do a family homemade present thing where we make a something made with love to share in a Kris Kringle kind of draw. It's one of the best things about the 25th and something everyone looks forward to and puts lots of effort into (which is why it's already in progress). So good for the heart yesterday. I'm crocheting something (of course). I took unwell person to a big craft shop so they could get paints and I could get yarn. The random outings we're having a few of together are also so good for the heart.

I thought of you lots @Maggie with the paint. From the moment unwell one is up until they go to bed they now dot and they've created incredible art through it. I was blown away by them as these are from someone who has never considered art or craft as anything more than a pass time play thing. They've been making them as something to pass down when they're not here anymore. You're very much part of the magic happening with that ❤ My counsellor would call it " the sphere of influence". We don't really know how wide our sphere of influence is, but in this case yours really has extended across the Strait bringing something into this house that's more calming and lovely than I could have imagined anything doing ever. So, sooo good and something I'll never forget. Wondering how your weekend has been so far? (there's that take it or leave it ? there 😊).

Hey @Zoe7 and thanks for your messages over the last couple of days. Hot water definitely helps, though I think it's going to take a bit to recover from the last little while. So nice to hear of your the love you and your furbabies are sharing. Hugs for you all too.

@outlander 👋❤ and you also @Gazza75, @Former-Member and all.

Hope there's some good in everyone's day.

@CheerBear  It’s so good to hear from you, yes, a day away does feel longer 💜. Hard to know if coffee, tag, is annoying or welcomed. The old mind games. 🙃😩❤️

Sleep sounds like the best thing you’ve had in a long time, I hope it continues.

I like the Kris Kringle draw thing you share on the 25th. 

Unwell person leaving special creations to pass on will have memories good, and not so good, I imagine.

My yesterday was a crash/recover kind of thing. My plans to hibernate in my cave were changed. My painting neighbour had a fall early in the day. She was given the all clear, and decided painting would be a good distraction, and it was, for both of us. So we will continue this afternoon.

We have returned to winter, so it’s back to winter woollies, warm wheat bags and doonas, doggie jackets, bed socks ( without the beanie ), and coffee, lots of coffee.

Take care today, hoping you will be sitting with Sophie and yarn 🧶🧶🥰🥰🥰🥰

Good morning @CheerBear @Maggie @Zoe7 @outlander @Gazza75   hope it's a quiet and peaceful one for you all.

Cheerbear I've been following what's been going on for you and can only say you seem to have gotten through another difficult patch with your usual resilience and strength.  Lovely to hear of your special family time yesterday.  You are amazing in the way you support so many others so solidly and beautifully.

Hoping your electricity problem is fixed immediately this week.  One time we had a similar problem that our landlord wouldn't fix and it was enough to make us eligible for immediate rehousing into community housing through Anglicare until the dep't of housing found us a priority placement.   Sooo dangerous a situation especially when you have young fish to keep safe.  Feeling for you on this one.  IMO your landlord should be paying for alternative accommodation until it is repaired.  

Take care lovely xx

Zoe7 hopefully you're snoozing again and feel more refreshed when you awaken.  I've been following your story lately too, and once again am amazed at your strength too.  I just know you will give puss all the love in the world while she is with you, and Tobes too.  I love the family feeling you describe with them xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning to you too @CheerBear @Maggie . I did miss you here yesterday CB. Really pleased to hear that your absence was for all the right reasons. A good nights sleep followed by a productive crafting day with loved ones sounds ideal. Maggie, were the grass police on patrol this morning? Hope you and little Mags managed to evade arrest. 😀

Hello also to @Zoe7 @outlander @Gazza75 

Sherry

Coffee tags are always welcome @Maggie (though I get the mind games) ❤ Such a nice start to the day, though even without them quiet coffee imagining you doing the same is nice too 😊

Your plans changing yesterday sounds rough. A fall can be so scary so it's good to hear neighbour was given the all clear. Once again you show how much of a good person you are by getting out of that cave and helping with a distraction. It's great it was helpful for you too. I don't know whether wintery is good for you, though I imagine it might make pain worse. Spring seems to have disappeared here too. Fire, thick socks etc. but perfect boot weather 😉

No Sophie today. I'm working on an corner to corner 8 bit Ender Dragon blanket. A challenge of drawing the Littlest in the craft hat, who has the least amount of interest in home made goodies 😉😆 It's an enjoyable challenge at least I guess. Corner to corner lends itself well to 8 bit (pixel style) pictures 🙂 Hoping it turns out OK 🤞

I hope your painting is a good distraction again today ❤

Hey @eth and thank you lots ❤ What the owner should be doing and what I'm not scared of pushing for are different things, which sucks. It's part of renting I guess though it isn't right. Your experience sounds very full on 🙁 Keeping up with your happenings as I can. You're shining eth, and it's so great to see 🌟

Thanks also @Former-Member. I miss all of you when I'm not here ❤ Wonder if Mr Sherry could take up dotting 😉(though I imagine he wouldn't). Big hugs sherry. You deal with a lot.

I'd better head out. I've gotta get us all home again and doing the Sunday thing.

Big ❤ to all

Thanks a lot @CheerBear 

Hi @Maggie  and @Former-Member  hope you're having a peaceful start to today.

@CheerBear @Maggie @eth @Former-Member Hugs to you all and some hope that there is good in all your days Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance