Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lost50
Casual Contributor

New and confused

Anyone around to talk to atm..had a very rough year, lots of ups and downs mostly downs and I feel like it's taken it's toll now that I can no longer cope 😞 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: New and confused

hi @Lost50 and welcome
I am around to chat, whats happening for you?

Hi @outlander thanks for responding. Just having one of those nights where a trigger just brought me back down all over again. Been battling depression for over a few months now and with no one to talk to I found myself here. I just needed someone to talk to. My first time here so I'm new to this forum thing. 

@Lost50 those triggers aren't nice are they! im sorry that one has popped up tonight, does anything usually help when you feel triggered?
its hard when we feel so alone, but we are here for you and will chat however long you need.

your also welcome to have a look around and join in where you like too. weve got lots of different threads like social chat threads, animals and gardening threads, arts and crafts, sports and so many others too.

@outlander no they are not. It's becoming more frequent that the things I do to distract myself is becoming less helpful and I feel like it's a continuous cycle that I'm never getting out of. How much more can one take until its enough!! 

Thank you, I'm still finding my way around the forum, getting familiar with it, I just need a safe space to get things off my chest. 

Its so hard when its a vicious cycle isnt it @Lost50 its very frustrating and disheartening.
Sometimes when weve been doing a few things in particular to cope it can become less effective.
We have athread here called 'got a good coping method-share ir here' qhich you can find by using the search bar on the site and typing that title in. Theres heaps of suggestions of what might be helpful in coping as well. Maybe that would be worth taking a look at?

Can i ask if you have any supports like psychologist and gp that you can talk to and to get help to work through your triggers?

Would you like to talk about what has triggerred you at all?

@Sans911 @Snowie @eth @CheerBear may also be able to offer some advice for you too.

Welcome to the forums @Lost50. I'm sorry your depression feels like it's spiralling out of control. It's hard when our usual coping methods no feel like they are working. Can I ask what kind of things you have tried? I might be able to suggest something else that could help.

Hi and welcome @Lost50   I deal with triggers frequently so I think I get where you're coming from.  Just speaking from my own lived experience (I have complex PTSD and bipolar 1 amongst other challenges)  EMDR is helping me a lot to lessen the intensity and frequency of triggers and sometimes I'm actually able to have a memory without reliving the event.  And find my way to a safe space without freezing or dissociating.  But having a good relationship with a psychologist and doing a thorough trauma map came before we were able to start doing it.  

Some threads that might be helpful are Coping Box , Re: what’s in your tool box ? , and toolbox  have been around for a while now and lots of people have talked there about things that help them get through hard times and re-focus on self-care.

Hope you find your way around the forums ok.  I'm usually on the A long rave thread which is a combination of a social space and a place where you can rave as long as you want to about what's going on and perhaps find more support and even people with common experiences.

Take care, @eth 

Welcome @Lost50 

I hope you find the forums helpful. I won't repeat what others have said but am here if you need to chat.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Lost50 , I'm around if you want to talk, up to you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance